Thread: Let there be light

Thanks

Let there be light

My gator had extra switch holes in the dash, so I added some illumination. Rear area work lights and cab interior lighting, all done with the LED stuff detailed elsewhere in this forum. Dome lights are 48xLED cards, bright as day. A great product except for bad adhesive tape backing. They come with adapters for common automotive bulb fixtures, and the leads from one of the adapters are suitable for soldering. I like these a lot. Also added a pair of 5xLED work lights at the rear of the roll cage. They light the bed and the ground around the Gator real well. Ran a harness through the roll bar, drilled one extra hole at top R Rr and ran wires through front and rear crossbars. Used existing wires for electric bed lift (not ordered) to connect switches to new harness and ended up with switched dome light, switched work light, fused battery power and ground at all 4 corners of the roll cage. I show pictures because its easier than listing part numbers. The 16xLED light in the picture was a bargain, but too big for the rear work light. Used one for solar light at boat dock shed. Sorry for the white zip-tie, I ran out of black ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    That's great!

Thanks
    Let there be light!
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    WOW! I'm jealous.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    looks good

Thanks
    worklites.jpgdomeinstall.jpgdomelites.jpgDSCF2371.jpgkneeroom.jpg
    So here is the final solution to the dome lite install. I removed the crummy sticky tape they came with (it left the adhesive stuck to the metal when it fell off) and replaced it with 3M 20lb. sticky tape from Home Depot. Also a little piece to keep the connector plug secure. I really like these LED boards but suggest users remove the bad tape before pressing it down firmly, it would have been easier. I closed up the barn and turned off the lights to show how bright four of them are. Also the rear work lights "in action". The 50W flood lights on the grill are the ones offered for sale elsewhere in this forum. Hint: they're sold! And the final "tuner" mod so far is I turned the ignition switch upside-down to get the longer tab of the key away from my knee. I turned it off a couple times while driving.
    Last edited by Harry Ferguson; 04-22-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks
    That really lights up the cabin. You won't have trouble finding something you drop on the floor.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires