Thread: 30 inch tyres on 855d

Thanks

30 inch tyres on 855d

hi, would it be possible to fit 30inch tyres on to my 2015 855d. it has 27 inch fitted already. i was hoping to achieve a bit more foward speed by doing this but am not sure if it will be worth the hassle or expense if it only gains 1 or 2 kms.

Thanks
    Assuming there is enough HP to do so and just going by the ratio difference would yield 5.6 KPH (3.5 MPH) increase in speed. Keep in mind this is a math model and would be the maximum potential speed increase.
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

Thanks
    thanks 200mph. i would be happy if it would give it that much

Thanks
    I think the 855D would struggle. I would not go bigger than 27".

Thanks
    hi jcummins, do u think the 855d will be too under powered the the larger tyres?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb View Post
    hi jcummins, do u think the 855d will be too under powered the the larger tyres?
    I've got a DMAX with a very large chip in it. Always ran 265 tires on it...it RIPS with those tires. I used up three sets of those tires on that truck. This current set, stopped driving it as much, put on 285s....it's still a strong running truck, but that SNAP, where I could lay down two long streaks of rubber wasn't quite there. Tires sizes make a difference.

The 855D is not a peppy utv. I had a go fast Teryx, but found overtime, 95% of the time I go slow...looking at things. It came time to get a different utv, I got the 855D, wanting diesel over gas, since all my other stuff was diesel, and didn't have to manage gas cans. I've pulled pickups stuck in mud out with it, it steep hills, it doesn't fly up it spinning tires as you go like the Teryx would, it just goes up at it's own pace. It ain't stopping. But you don't want to put it under more disadvantage than it is.

Thanks
    thanks so much for your input. i use my 855d on the road here asthe land i work is about 10kms from my yard so i was hoping that i could get my 855 to reach 60kms on the road so that i would use it instead of my jeep