Thread: Hard starting

Thanks

Hard starting

My 825i has been getting hard to start. As in it cranks over and won't run with out several tries. Now that it's getting colder it take awhile to get it going. Once it fires its runs fine. Gonna try fuel filter first. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks
    Check your fuel pressure you should be running around 46 to 50 psi check for water in the tank your fuel regular might be at fault too first of check fuel pressure

Thanks
    Mine hard to start since new. Turn key on and let fuel pump stop then turn over atarts fine after that. Hope that helps

Thanks
    I have a 2010 825i with 900 hrs when i purchased it in 2014. it has been hard to start when warm ever since i got it. i changed the fuel pump and pressure regulator and had no change in starting. i checked the ignition leads today with a timing light and found cylinders 2 and 3 not firing on start. Once it starts they slowly come alive. I moved coils around and its in the leads to #2 and # 3 coil. Anyone know what triggers the ignition on these units? It surely has a crank position sensor but if one fires and not the rest could it be in the computer? Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tlloyd View Post
    I have a 2010 825i with 900 hrs when i purchased it in 2014. it has been hard to start when warm ever since i got it. i changed the fuel pump and pressure regulator and had no change in starting. i checked the ignition leads today with a timing light and found cylinders 2 and 3 not firing on start. Once it starts they slowly come alive. I moved coils around and its in the leads to #2 and # 3 coil. Anyone know what triggers the ignition on these units? It surely has a crank position sensor but if one fires and not the rest could it be in the computer? Any thoughts?
    Ive had a problem where the wires going to the plugs shorted out one was burnt about an inch up from where it connected to the plug pull the wires right out and check the spark from where the wires plug in its right on the side of the engine