Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 825i oil capacity is a joke!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m38inmaine View Post
    I found it difficult to remove a few filters on some equipment I run untill I found this wrench at NAPA. It has removed all filters in all kinds of hard to reach spots. It self adjusts to the filter size and uses standard 3/8 drive tools. The harder you turn the harder it grabs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Man I disagree! My new Gator has 8 hours on it so I had to change the oil and filter today. So I went down to the local NAPA and dropped $12 on this POS! It might work on other filters but just would not grab this filter at all! I ended up doing the screwdriver deal on it. Thank God there was room!

Thanks
    It comes in different sizes, are you sure you got the correct size? It might be worth taking a filter to the store to make sure you get the correct size wrench.

Thanks
    I stopped by the Local JD Dealer tonight and got a sweet Filter Cup that fits the Filter for $5.99. If NAPA takes it back I will get my $12 back and be $6 ahead.

Thanks
    I did my 8hr break-in oil change today on the 825i. The filter was so tight, it seemed to be welded on. I ended up with a few different filter wrenches from the local autozone. The gadget above ultimately worked, but it took some coaxing to get it to grip the first time. I can see why jonny had trouble - I had given up on that one but was making no progress with any other approach. Then I decided to give it one more try and it finally gripped like a vice. I noticed the factory filter was slightly different dimensions than the replacement I got from the dealer. My first thought was that they gave me the wrong size. Regarding the capacity, I too was going by the op manual that stated 1.37L. I was up to almost 2 quarts and still not showing full on the stick. Then I checked the tech manual - 2.3 quarts. That was more like it. I finished the 2nd quart and added about 1/3 more then I was good to go. Now I know for next time.

Thanks
    JD should really change that in the owners manuals.

Thanks
    I agree...is anyone using synthetics in their 825
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    I'm going to go to Mobil 1 10w-30 synthetic I think. I'm still going to change the hell out of it though. Probably every 20 hours. Can't be too careful!

Thanks
    true
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    To increase your oil capacity and make it much easier to change the oil filter, I added a filter relocation kit that consisted of a Derale 15709 and a 15705. The oil filter along with the 6ft of oil line gave me an extra quart of capacity and a small amount of cooling.

adapter1.jpgfilter4.jpgfilter3.jpgfilter2.jpgfilter1.jpg)

Thanks
    Nice, I like that! Could you post the part # and and where I can get one?

Thanks,

Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast