Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody worried about the Chinese engine?

Thanks

Anybody worried about the Chinese engine?

I guess it is a little late for this one since I bought one. Is anybody else out there concerned with the durability of this engine? I have 15 hrs. on mine and the starter acted up already. I heard of some starter trouble on another forum. It revs so damn high too. The twin Kawasaki in the 620is was a dog, but durable. I just don't know if Deere made the right move going Chinese. Look at all the junk Chinese quads that don't last a month or two. I had a 110 for my son-not a good piece of machinery. Guess I should have waited awhile to see how they held up but it was just so cool. I was lured in! I usually never buy something like this-all brand new first year. I usually give it awhile to work out the bugs. It could be the best engine out there though. Too late now but I still love it. I'd like to hear the feedback on this to see what everyone else thinks.

Thanks
    You have echoed my thoughts exactly. I compare mine with a gas version of a screamin detroit diesel! it is not fuel efficent by any means either. like the speed tho. I am more worried about the chinese.

Thanks
    My New Year's resolution: If it is made in China, and I don't NEED it, I won't buy it. I realize that it is going to be very difficult to do, but we have to start somewhere. I am sickened by everything being made in China. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Thanks
    trust me I had to overcome that same gut feeling about buying a deere with a china mill. I have 2 deere compact 4x4 tractors with yanmars, great engines, but it feels like you are rewarding the country that brought us pearl harbor.

Thanks
    This is true, I have a compact and an X495 both Yanmars. They run forever. I just hope JD did their homework on this one. I bought the 2 year extended warranty in addition to the 1 year so for the next 3 years if I have problems its all on them. I never buy into the extended warrant gimmick-until now. I wish it was a jap engine instead.

Thanks
    No problems with my starter/engine yet but only 3 hours on it. No machine is perfect and they all have there glitches. Look over at the Polaris Ranger Forums, tons of electrical problems, starter failures, bad engines etc. Atleast JD has alot better reputation as far as service and warranty goes. See if Polaris will give you 3 years of warranty with pickup/drop off for $250.00, I doubt it. I think the best thing to do is keep on track with the service intervals, use only JD parts/fluids and keep receipts.
    2011 825i

Thanks
    I want to switch to synthetic oil I think. Maybe that will help longevity. I'm going to change the oil every 20 hours I think. Not the 100 or 200 they say in the book. Book also says 1.37 quarts for oil capacity which is total bs-it holds 2.3. I'm sure they will run into trouble over that one!

Thanks

Chinese engine FACTS on the gator 825i

The FACT that John deere moved to chery hill in china was simply to save every penny they can. It's call cost and effective! Chery hill motor wanted to bring their CARS in the usa for a long time now, but was rejected by many automakers,corporations,etc! The rejection was due to many complaints of deficency in theIr components and could not meet the US standard and regulations.

Although Chery hill Auto had been making automobile and engines for many years in china, but lack of quality. Even though chery auto outbids many companys in making an engine for far far less! NONE USA EVER CONSIDER THEM. Simply because of potential quality issues and in fear of ruin their reputations in the long run. And if you think about it we don't have chinese auto in the united states Its because they could not meet the US standards.
    Since now we have the LEMON LAW. That if your new car fail within a time frame, then the car dealer must give you a NEW AUTO AND THATS THE LAW! Thats why car dealer are very cautious, since they can lose a lot of money if they have to replace a new car often.
    Although many complaints have already been reported in china that their engines or the major components had failed in less then 5 years or less! I have just recently found this out myself and I must say that I am VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH JOHN DEERE! That they went with china instead of the japanese simply because they were the lowest bidders. The Japanese lost their contract with John deere gator 825i simply because they will not match the price of chinese. THAT IS A FACT!
    Last edited by Camoman825i; 01-29-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Thanks
    Time will tell , I have 90 hours on mine so far so good. But I smell what your steppin in!!!

Thanks
    Wow 90 hrs, how many miles is that? I thought I was doing good at 16 hrs. Snow is too deep anyways, i'll catch up in the spring!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast