Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody worried about the Chinese engine?

Thanks
    I have spent 2-3 weeks going over the Arctic Cat 700, Polaris XP 800 and the JD 825I and was VERY cautious of the Chinese motor but decided on the 825I as of yesterday 1/26/11. After reading the comments on front end noise and the same concerns about the engine I am back at square one. Glad that all of are being upfront with the 825..........wondering if JD marketing team are reading these post???

Thanks
    I'm sure they proved the engine and as far as the front end noise goes i'm sure its just a new machine glitch. I would still buy the 825, but I would get the extended warranty just in case. I have a feeling the Chinese are taking over for Japan. Remember when everybody feared Japan--in engines and electronics? Now everybody has a Camry or Accord and a Hitachi TV! I'm starting to think that China is trying to take the reigns from Japan. Korea is jumping right in there too. I can tell you one thing, try to get a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty for 250 bucks from those manufacturers. JD must have faith in that engine too to offer that much warranty. It comes standard with one year, 125 to add each year. The dealer will even come get it too for free. I'll bet you won't get that from AC or Polaris. I have seen plenty of those fall apart also.

Thanks
    The only thing I do not like about the engine in my gator is the fact that it has a timing belt. That will need to definitely be replaced ON TIME. I am sure this engine is an interference type, which means if the timing belt fails, the valves will contact the pistons and cause very nasty damage. But, most modern (if not all) 4 valve per cylinder engines are of the interference type. Besides my original driveshaft rattle problem, (which Deere admitted was their fault) everything else has been absolutely perfect. I have been reading some complaints about under powered brakes, but mine seem plenty powerful. Enough to slide the cheese off of a cold pizza! My machine has served me, my farm, and my hunting club very well this past season, I am looking forward to spend the summer running the snot out of it!

Thanks
    I like my 825i. Every time I get in I am one step ahead of the chinese!

Thanks
    I guess I will add some of my frustrations here. I am a farmer, have been for a long time. I have operated Deere equipment since I was big enough to push in the clutch on a 4020. I bleed green and pee yellow, so to speak. However, with that being said, I am becoming very frustrated with the influx of chinese goods into this country. I buy replacement parts for my Deere equipment, and I find that a lot of them are now made in china. They are substandard in quality, in fit, craftsmanship, and durability. For example, I had to replace the clutch assembly on my planter. A 5th grader could have compared the clutches and been able to tell that the original was a better quality part. It lasted for years. The new part had cast into it: Made in China. It lasted for one season and started to fail. Now this part was originally cast in the USA back when the planter was made, so why is it made in china now? I think we all know the answer to that.

I am not slamming Deere, or any other company for that matter. They are giving the consumer what they want. We as consumers have told these companies with our money that "made in china" is ok, as long as it is cheap. Now it doesn't even matter if it's cheap! When are we going to put our foot down and say ENOUGH!? For those people that say "It doesn't matter to me that it is made in china", you are part of the problem, not the solution.

I will continue to buy Deere products, I think that they are generally the best built and designed products you can buy. To those of you with the new 825i Gators, I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you got the quality that you paid your hard earned money for.

Please understand, I don't fault anyone for buying a new gator with a Chinese engine. If that is the machine you want, you have no other choice. My beef is with people buying Chinese products when there is a better quality American option available.
    Last edited by flyinlow402; 02-06-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Thanks

Thanks
    WOEII: LOL Like your little mann cleaning up the mess

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorxuv620i View Post
    WOEII: LOL Like your little mann cleaning up the mess

Thanks
    My father is 80 years old and has been farming with John Deere tractors all of his life. I once made a comment about something John Deere being made somewhere other than USA. He was quick to inform me that if it had John Deere's name on it then it met John Deere standards. I had my concerns about the chinese engine like most others here, but I believe in John Deere. In addition to the above, no one so far has reported anything negative about the engine itself, it has been other things like driveline noise, alternator, four wheel drive system, nothing to my knowledge that was made in China. My Gator has 27 hours and no problems with the engine or anything else. (knock on wood)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboss View Post
    trust me I had to overcome that same gut feeling about buying a deere with a china mill. I have 2 deere compact 4x4 tractors with yanmars, great engines, but it feels like you are rewarding the country that brought us pearl harbor.
    I might need to refer to my elementary school history book, but wasn't it the Japanese who attacked Pearl Harbor or are you just referring the the Yanmar engines.

Dont get me wrong, I am not pro-China in regards to any product but I also have to disagree with Camoman, there are several Chinese automotive products/engines in service in the US. The Chevrolet Equinox has an engine built by Shanghai Automotive and Chrysler inked a deal with Chery Auto to supply a sub-compact and several small engine products like lawn mowers, weed trimmers, etc. Point is that no matter how much we dislike it, China goods are infiltrating our market more and more every day. There are taking the country and winning the metaphorical war without ever firing a shot.

The public wants lower costs on goods and I don't know about you guys, but I am not volunteering for a pay cut and I sure as hell don't see UAW offering up lower wages. So, that leaves companies like JD, Chevrolet, Chrysler, etc. seeking the low labor/production cost associated with the foreign markets.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast