Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Gators!

Thanks
    Nice gator Jimmy. But ive gotta ask why no back fenders??? Its definitly a mudslinger!!!

Thanks
    awsome Pics Man!!!!
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Thanks guys! They are off so passengers can just climb in the back using the tire for a step...Yeah it slings mud everywhere......but I really don't beat it. I love it. I like to crawl around and enjoy the sights and get to places that the quads say I can't get to. I'm getting used to hearing, "we've never seen a side-by-side make it through that".

I'll get some more up soon....

Happy trails!

Thanks
    Some very nice looking machines. I am hoping as the year progresses that there will be more after market parts for the 825I. I am sure as individuals upgrade packages we may start to see some used parts for sale here on the forum. I am looking for extra wheels/tires for spares in the trailer.

Thanks
    how is the sound system in your gator? is it watorproof, how does handle the vibration, is it loud enough? got an 825i needing a radio system bad

Thanks
    I have a jeep overhead speaker set up with a marine JVC head unit under the dash. It works great but I'm considering lookin into the overhead stereo/speaker enclosure from Deere. We do a lot of deep water fording and the stereo gets splashed often. I'm worried that when it gets submerged, it will let the smoke out of the wires. :) I also plan on mounting a small marine CB radio overhead too.. I know they are not supposed to be used inland but, I doubt that law is enforced often. They are water resistant and more powerful. We are also thinkin of a new head unit that has an iPod input too... I'll have to keep ya posted.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
    I have a jeep overhead speaker set up with a marine JVC head unit under the dash. It works great but I'm considering lookin into the overhead stereo/speaker enclosure from Deere. We do a lot of deep water fording and the stereo gets splashed often. I'm worried that when it gets submerged, it will let the smoke out of the wires. :) I also plan on mounting a small marine CB radio overhead too.. I know they are not supposed to be used inland but, I doubt that law is enforced often. They are water resistant and more powerful. We are also thinkin of a new head unit that has an iPod input too... I'll have to keep ya posted.
    Just curious, with the marine radio in the gator who will you be able to communicate with ? I am trying to decide now what kind of communications equipment I want to put in the Gator. Is there a preference that people who use their Gator's off road prefer? A CB (citizens band radio) FRS (family radio service) GMRS (general mobile radio service) a marine radio as mentioned by Jimmy ? Something I missed ? Thanks for the input.

Dan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDan View Post
    Just curious, with the marine radio in the gator who will you be able to communicate with ? I am trying to decide now what kind of communications equipment I want to put in the Gator. Is there a preference that people who use their Gator's off road prefer? A CB (citizens band radio) FRS (family radio service) GMRS (general mobile radio service) a marine radio as mentioned by Jimmy ? Something I missed ? Thanks for the input.

Dan
    Cell phone if you really want any distance out of it. lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
    Cell phone if you really want any distance out of it. lol
    I know it's hard to believe but there are still quite a few places that do not have cell coverage. Even in some of the most congested & most populated states in the country like New Jersey, there are stretches of Route 539 thru the pine barrens that have no cell service and in Wharton State Forest where I go 4 wheeling with my jeep there is no service once you get into the forest. Not to mention places like outside the town of Moab Utah on the trails and one of my favorite is a dog leg off I-80 in Colorado down to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. When you get off I-80 there is a sign warning motorists to gas up that there are no services for the next 65 miles and they are right, there are NO services for the next 65 miles, nothing at all. One time while running down thru there I stopped to help someone at an accident and I was glad that I had, I mean someone had a CB Radio that was tuned up over the legal 5 watts. All we did is broadcast a few times our location and what was needed, eventually help arrived. Yes we had also sent someone to go get help.

I grew up, ok I have not grown up, but got older in the NY/NJ area. When I went out west the first time I was amazed at the open space and there are not gas stations, drug dealers & McDonald's every 1/4 mile on a corner.

So my question remains ......... is there a preference or trend among people who use their UTV's off road to gravitate towards a particular radio band?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptDan View Post
    I know it's hard to believe but there are still quite a few places that do not have cell coverage.

So my question remains ......... is there a preference or trend among people who use their UTV's off road to gravitate towards a particular radio band?
    Not so hard to believe. At the farm I sometimes have to walk around and hold the phone just right to get even one bar of signal. When I works I can get a hold of anyone though. We used CB's for years and then most everyone migrated away from them unless they were in a hunting club. Range was limited and not everyone had a modified unit. I still have one in my truck but can't remember the last time I even turned it on. Maybe the last traffic jam I was in on I-95 to see what was going on.

Anyway, I'm no help. lol

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast