Thread: 2011 John Deere Gator suitable trailer size...

Thanks

Exclamation 2011 John Deere Gator suitable trailer size...

Hello to all! I'm new to the forum and wanted to know what's the smallest size trailer I could get to load my xuv gator on? Reason I ask is my father passed away and left it to me, so I need to get a trailer that will fit it. please let me know what you guys use. Thank you and God bless!

David

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Not sure what the smallest is but here is my setup.

The tandems really help with stability and smoothness. Hope this helps some.

Thanks
    First sorry to hear about your father.

Secondly when I bought my 825i I had a 6.5'x10 tilt trailer mesh floor (worked awesome as a 4-wheeler trailer) I was getting ready to take it home from the dealership I loaded the gator and couldn't get it to tilt back right, the mesh was sagging a little, and the gator was about a foot from the end of the trailer. I wasn't very comfortable with this setup, so I borrowed a trailer to take it home. So the next week I went and bought a new trailer 6.5'x12' with fold down gate, treated wood floors, and 2500lbs axle capacity. This is a whole lot better setup. There is no way I would go any smaller than this. If you can justify it A 16ft trailer would be nice. I didn't think I needed that much of a trailer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    I had a 6x12 made when I bought my gator. The neat thing about the trailer the last 12" or so is tilted down a few degrees which makes the tailgate much shorter and a little less wind drag. I wouldn't go any narrower than six feet on the width.

Thanks
    I used to have a 76" wide (inside rails) X 14' single axle utility trailer. It was 12' w/ 2' dovetail and I built a 3' tall ramp gate for it. Worked good and really didnt catch much air.

Now I have this, a 16' tandem 14'+2' dovetail. Trailer also has drop axles and I also built a 3' ramp for it. With the tail so low, the 3' tall gate stands really low.

This pic gives a better idea compared to my mowers.

IMO, if you can swing it, get a 16' with brakes. The extra room is nice, and also your gator will pull that trailer around very easy if on somewhat level ground (braking purposes) Also, trailers hold their value very very well.
    2005 HPX Gator
    2005 JD 797 Z-Turn & 2009 JD 997 Z-Turn
    2007 JD 2305 & 2008 JD 2520 w/ lots of toys!!
    1998 Toro 455D

Thanks
    the 7712 aluminum tip back is about the best you will find they load and unload great, I bought one and after having to deal with Ramps this trailer is the best. check it out , hope this helps you decide

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by campoman View Post
    the 7712 aluminum tip back is about the best you will find they load and unload great, I bought one and after having to deal with Ramps this trailer is the best. check it out , hope this helps you decide
    The question was asked over six years ago so I hope he's gotten a trailer by now.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    didn't notice the date thought I would help any way the aluma 7712 tilt trailer is the best as far as I'm concerned ive had mine for 2 years this is an awesume trailer kind of pricey but I'm planning to use it for years to come have hauled it many miles works great