Thread: 825i Antifreeze Smell

Thanks

825i Antifreeze Smell

I have about 10 hrs on my 825i and always have a smell of antifreeze when the engine is warm. I cannot see any leaks, there is never any on the ground, or shop floor, and the radiator is always full. So, I guess I'm not too worried about it, it's just the constant smell is annoying and people askind if I have a coolant leak. I had it to the dealer to have the front differential replaced and had them check fir a coolant leak, but didn't find anything. They had another 825i in the shop and the coolant smell was noticble on that one also. Anybody else experiencing this or find a fix for this? Thanks.
    The shortest distance between two points is always closed for road construction so; I bought John Deere Gator 825i. Now there is no closed road or detour! Problem solved!

Thanks
    No, I haven't heard any problems with this. I am a salesman at a JD store and just bought a 825i, the bhe only thing we have run into is replacing the exhasut gasket. I will keep my ears open and ask some of the guys I sold to.

Thanks
    I had that smell when we bought our new 620i in 2008. Its just a new smell that will eventually wear off. Enjoy it while it lasts lol.... just kidding

Thanks
    I bought mine in December, have 6 hours on it. Once in a while I can detect a slight smell but no leaks and the tank stays full.
    2011 825i

Thanks
    My '08 620i has 375 hours on it and I have the same problem. No drips, wet spots, etc. Just the coolant smell when it heats up. I don't understand it.

Thanks
    Mine did that as the air was not bleed out with the heater install allowing a lot more vapors as it purged out. after that it no longer has fumes.