Thread: (TS) New engine for gator TS

Thanks

(TS) New engine for gator TS

I have noticed that the factory 10hp engine in my TS is just not cutting it anymore. The power is not there and I was thinking about going to an 18hp v twin briggs engine. what do people think of the idea I will make some videos and take pictures if I do the project.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo ts View Post
    I have noticed that the factory 10hp engine in my TS is just not cutting it anymore. The power is not there and I was thinking about going to an 18hp v twin briggs engine. what do people think of the idea I will make some videos and take pictures if I do the project.
    I like the idea man! How about 40hp with turbos?

Thanks
    that would be so sick I might make a junk yard run and get a small turbo no more boost than like 8-9 psi and it would fly. I think the factory transmission can only handle like 30 hp but I could gear it down to to make it cruise at 35-40 mph

Thanks
    could just get same engine as th and put in. or if really looking for power and speed get snowmobile engine and install or find a three wheeler and install engine and rear axle>

Thanks
    I wanted to stick the engine from my polaris trail boss in my old 4x2. 350 liquid cooled 2 stroke. Lack of rear suspension cured my obsession with that idea. You need to invent suspension for the rear and then make it go fast and if you have time mabey 4wd
    SG

Thanks
    Lack of rear suspension cured my obsession with that idea. You need to invent suspension for the rear and then make it go fast and if you have time mabey 4wd

Thanks
    I had a TS at one time. I was looking at the 23HP Kohler motor on my stump grinder and it looked like it would be a relatively simple transplant and that engine is industrial grade. Might be worth a look see into the 23HP Vtwin Kohlers.

Thanks
    Has anybody put a larger sized motor in either a CX or TS?? I am thinking about it myself!

Thanks
    Not very many posters in here I take it?? What is the largest motor I could put in my CX Gator, does anybody know???