Thread: extended warranty

Thanks

extended warranty

Has anyone had any experience with the extended warranty that Deere offers on the Gator? I had the two year warranty on my first 825i and never had to use it. Now I added it to my new 825i but the price has doubled. Is this an insrance company that Deere uses or does Deere keep it in house? I think it would be better if it was in house to give my Dealer better control. Has anyone had a claim on the warranty and how was the experience? Thanks

Thanks
    I have used it several time for some minor stuff, in addition because of some minor repairs that needed to be made under warranty it has been picked up and delivered for free (twice) as that is covered by the warranty. While it was at their shop they did the 100 & 200 hours service.

In addition, a third time it was repaired in my driveway because of a very minor issue and it required a part. That alone would have been a $100.00 trip for travel time, distance, parts & labor.

For me that $250 was a great investment !

Dan - NJ/PA

Thanks
    I agree the 250 was a great price(maybe too good) and now the same coverage is $569.99. i do like the pickup and delivery included in the warranty. Even at 569 it should pay for itself on an offroad vehicle.

Thanks
    I couldn't justify it....at $569 I can't think of that many things that would break in the first 3 yrs to pay for it. I'd rather risk a possible repair and pay out of pocket than toss $569 into it thinking it's going to break. To be honest if I was that worried about a breakdown I'd likely get rid of it and buy a different brand anyway. Just my $.02

Thanks
    I would rather have Deere pay for any repairs than taking it out of my wallet. It's a little piece of mind for me but everyone is different.

Thanks
    In most cases anything defective will go right away so the odds are in their favor that you will lose money. Most things that would likely pop up like brakes, drive belt, cv axle boots.....are things that wouldn't be covered. I totally understand where you are coming from but I just don't thing at that price most folks will even come close to "breaking even" with the extended warranty at the higher price.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteWI View Post
    I agree the 250 was a great price(maybe too good) and now the same coverage is $569.99. i do like the pickup and delivery included in the warranty. Even at 569 it should pay for itself on an offroad vehicle.
    Just bought a 825i and paid $399 for an extra year - I usually don't go for extra warranty but the drive shaft problem worried me.