Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XUV 620i Won't Pull Hills

Thanks

XUV 620i Won't Pull Hills

I have an XUV 620i Gator (gas) that I bought new in 2007. I live on 30 acres of wooded ground and use the vehicle primarily for drives through the property. No abusive driving habits, nor do I overwork the vehicle-simply nice, leisurely drives and occasionally haul a little firewood. It presently has 520 hours of use. Recently, while attempting to turn the vehicle around, the gear shift locked up on me between reverse and neutral. After several trys at changing gears, and admittingly with a little force, it finally engaged. Since that time, I have had no power when attempting to climb hills and the accelaration seems sluggish. It seems as though it has enough rpm's but it simply creeps up the hills in both high and low gears, almost like a belt slipping but the drive belt doesn't seem to been worn or slipping that I can tell. I have changed and checked all fluid levels, installed a new fuel filter, cleaned and checked gap on plugs and most recently put in a new fuel pump. The compression I'm assuming is good @ 132 on the rear cylinder and 122 on the front cylinder, and the vehicle does not smoke. Nothing I've done has helped remedy the problem. The only thing I noticed a month or so prior to this happening was a slight coolant smell on occasion, but not very often. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ok, I have a litte more information. Both the rear and front clutch expands and contracts as they should when in neutral and I rev up the engine. I can raise the rear end up on a jack and both also expands and contracts in both high and low range. However, when I actually drive the vehicle, the the front clutch works as it should but the rear doesn't expand and the belt just turns around the outer edge, obviously the reason it has so much trouble climbing hills. Any ideas out there as to the problem? My dealer said the rear clutch is most likely stuck but it seems to work fine when there is no resistence.

Thanks
    that makes perfect sense
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Thanks joe, it's nice to have other opinions. Thanks again for the post.
    Last edited by MarkW; 04-02-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks
    mark you say that they both work on the jack. and when you but it back on the ground only the back on does not move in or out. is the bottons on the baak one still and look at the sping in the center it may be broken.

Thanks
    For some reason the rear clutch is stuck if it does not move. You may have to disassemble it find out why.

Thanks
    had same problem- turned out to be ground speed sensor

Thanks
    this gator,2009,special edition did the same,,,going up a hill ,no power to get to the top...like when it was new,,,soat the end of 1 year before warranty was up,it went to the dealer,the installed a new transmission speed sensor,,,,came home tried the same hill,,it did the same thing,no power to climb!,,,took it back again,,,the dealer called headquarters,,,they sent a factory altered transmission speed sensor,,,then it worked fine,,that was about a year ago,,and has ran good since...now has about 375 hours

Thanks
    I seem to be having the same problem. I have a 2009 620i with only 103 hours. Did the same thing on warranty but they wouldn't tell me the problem just said they adjusted something. Did you get a code. I am getting the code "2 long 4 short" . if not does anybody know what this code is.

Thanks
    That code is the ground speed sensor error.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast