Thread: Stumbling Gator

Thanks

Stumbling Gator

I have a 2005 HPX with 178 hours on it...bought it used. It stumbles when accelerating and runs pretty rough on pulls. I have changed plugs, changed fuel filter and cleaned the carb. None of the adjustments seem to help my problem. However, when under a hard pull, pulling out the choke a little helps so I suspect strongly it is not getting enough fuel. I have heard on the web there are solutions but have not been able to find details on the fix. Any ideas?

Thanks
    trade it for a 825......is an awesome ride! yours should be worth decent, with those low hours
    Farmers buy retail ,sell wholesale pay the freight both ways.

Thanks
    I have the same problem. Would like to know if there is a way or procedure on how to adjust the carburator. Not interested in spending $300 plus on a new one.

Thanks
    need to find fuel mixture screw and adjust it on the carb

Thanks
    sounds like it's running lean, read the plug to confirm. check for vacuum leak. also check fuel pressure. note if runs better when hot or cold. listen to an AM radio off station to hear the ignition system and look at the plug wire(s) in the dark to check for stray sparks.
    Last edited by diesel_john; 07-12-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks
    I have a 05 HPX 4x2 --same problems -- everywhere I read said new carb -- tried to clean old 2x - seem to get worse -- finally bit the bullet ($400+) new carb: the number is AM134730 (I Think) Out of the box, no adjust runs great. I run chevron 87. Installed a Automotive inline filter threw away JD joke. Been a year no problems.