Thread: Where is starter circuit fuse ?

Thanks

Where is starter circuit fuse ?

I have a 2006 4x2 Gator- sorry if I'm in the wrong forum but I don't know how else to identify it. I was
    dumping stuff, shut off the engine, and when I tried to restart it wouldn't crank at all. Where is the fuse in
    the starter circuit, as I can't find one anywhere- looked under dash, under seats, etc. Battery is okay as
    it still dumps fine. Starter switch appears okay as light comes on panel and I can dump. I don't hear
    any starter solenoid click and suspect a fuse somewhere. Anything else to try ? It has always run just
    fine.

Thanks
    I'll answer my own question since no one else jumped in. Found out it HAS NO FUSE BOX, just a "fusable link" in line with a wire coming from the battery to the solenoid and the link is
    around where the solenoid is- very hard to see since it looks like the wire and is just a little fatter where the link is. And BTW the problem was a low battery. It measured 12.5V open circuit and
    operated the dump bed just fine but apparently that's not enough cranking power for the engine. Anyway, problem solved !

Thanks
    Good deal Bob. I had no idea on that model.

Thanks
    Bob, I have a 05 hpx 4x2 gas - mine did the exact same thing - as to fuses there is a 30 amp fuse in the fuse box under the pass seat that supplies power to the started soleniod through the relay (one furthest back) but that's not the problem. On mine it was a stuck soleniod on the starter. Long screwdriver and a hammer - a lillte tap - (on mount NOT wire side) and you hear a loud click. Turn key engine starts. Now to the fix. A new soleniod (JD $70) New starter AM109408 (JD 470) (ebay $95) or just remove starter, remove soleniod - clean - Clean contacts in bottom, a little CorrisionX on plunger (very little) re install. You should be fine.

Thanks
    Bob, well I removed the starter, and it uses a Denso 21163-2101 starter. You cannot open the soleniod becuase it's sealed. Opened the starter and found oil, crud and 4 wore out brushes. Time for new starter, good news DB Electric $65 including shipping. (price range 45--to-357 depending on source) I will let you know how it works out. By the way i only have 330 Hrs on machine.