Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which options should you get from dealer and which from aftermarket?

Thanks

Which options should you get from dealer and which from aftermarket?

I have been lusting after a side x side for a long time and have decided on the Gator, I am ready to go to the dealer and make a deal, the options on the Build your own options look pricy to me, being a tight wad and all. I don't see many aftermarket parts for the 2011 gators is there a place I have missed or is it the dealer or nothing? I want my ducks in a row before I get to the dealer so I can bargain for the best possible price. I've seen some folks say the can get 10% to 20% off add-ons when you buy the machine, if so I need to know what I need to get from the dealer and what I can get aftermarket at a better deal. I have a beef cattle farm and will mainly use if for day to day chores. I would like to use it to spray my yard with the 45 gal. tank and boom but they had no price so that tells me they are really high, anyone use one for this purpose, and have a better option?

Thanks
    I had this same issue and that's why I created this site. Everything on the net is hunt and peck to find.

We are new here so give us a little bit cuz we gonna have a bunch of venders sellin toys for our toys soon!

Thanks
    I wanted something more substantial for a top so I ordered my LineX coated aluminum diamond plate top form here. https://www.diamondbackutv.com/ You can order direct or through a dealer. It is about the same cost as the plastic one from the dealer. I think the more of these units that get on the market the more aftermarket parts you will see available for them. I have contacted Diamondback already with an idea I would like to see them make available for the XUV.

What to buy from the dealer? I guess it depends on you. I plan to make a lot of my own bolt on stuff but then I can weld. Here is a pic of a front basket I made for mine. I will attach the swing and mount parts as soon as I get the gator to measure off of.

I couldn't make camo so I ordered that. lol I have plans to make other pieces and parts for it also. I will post them here and there may be some interest in what I make.

Check around your dealers. I had one that refused to come off list price on the Gator and others willing to deal some.

Thanks
    I would also recomend getting prices from at least a couple of dealers. In my case, Dealer #2 had a 825i in stock with alloy wheels and rear screen which I got for the same price that I was quoted from Dealer #1 without these options. There is wiggle room MSRP, setup, and freight charges but (in my case) not in the roll-on/roll-off charge. In my case, Dealer #2 charged $225 less setup and no freight but the roll-on/roll-off was the same.
    2011 825i, olive green, silver alloy wheels with bighorn tires, high back seats, rear screen, heavy duty brushguard, poly roof, toolbox. Attachments on order: rear bumper, front and rear fender guards, floor mats

Thanks
    I agree with all the above, there is room to move on these machines. I visited the dealer several times going over prices. I will list the exact costs of each item I initially received, trade in and dealer discount.

1. Stock 825i Suggested $11, 199.00/ My cost $11,199.00 Discount 0

2. Power Protection Package Suggested $1,175.00, my cost $ 1,096.00, discount $ 79.00
    (a) Power bed lift
    (b) heavy duty brush gurad
    (c) Front fender guards
    (d) Heavy duty floor mats

3. Deluxe Cargo Bed, Suggested $ 329.00, My cost $ 299.00, discount $ 30.00
    (a) Polyurea liner
    (b) Tail light protectors
    (c) Operational park/brake lights

4. Bear Ops Screen, Suggested $ 239.00, My cost $ 199.00, discount $ 40.00

The below are dealer add on cost:
    (a) Setup $ 100.00
    (b) Freight $ 446.96
    (c) Roll on Roll off $ 300.00 (This charge pisses me off)

Total machine/options and dealer additional cost: $13,639.96
    Less trade in of a small CS Gator - $ 1,700.00
    Dealer Discount on the entire package - $ 1,249.48 (plus another $140.00 off packages)
    (Total discount was $1,389.48

Taxable balance $10,690.48
    Maine tax + $ 534.52

Total cost out the door was $11,225.00

Since then I have now added the poly roof, ordered the windshield, rear bumper and rear fender guards.

John Deere also gives 10% off on packages that you order with a machine. Once you have the machine you have to pay full cost for each item included in a package, that's according to my local dealer. As soon as my ordered parts come in I am going to set down again with the dealer as I want a discount on items I purchase for the 825I.

In a nut shell that's it folks.

Larry
    Last edited by Deputy347k9; 04-12-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Thanks
    the adventure lights are 303 from dealer...its way to much. You can get a good set of PIAA's the whole kit for 160ish on amazon. Now the long range kit seems pretty decent at 169.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Y'all are all over the same things I would want with a new Gator, I will try a couple of dealers, my problem Tri-Green bought most of the dealerships around my area. They closed the two closest to me so I have to travel 35 miles for the nearest and one not owned by Tri-Green is 50 miles away but I will give them a shot because I am somewhat attached to my money, I like to shop around and get the best possible deal. I'm old enough to walk away if the deal is not to my standards. Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roughinmill View Post
    Y'all are all over the same things I would want with a new Gator, I will try a couple of dealers, my problem Tri-Green bought most of the dealerships around my area. They closed the two closest to me so I have to travel 35 miles for the nearest and one not owned by Tri-Green is 50 miles away but I will give them a shot because I am somewhat attached to my money, I like to shop around and get the best possible deal. I'm old enough to walk away if the deal is not to my standards. Thanks for the info.
    I bought mine from a dealer 80 miles away from me. The one's closest to me are a chain and wanted list price on everything. I told them no thanks. You can save some gas by calling and asking for a price. I emailed four dealers and it took about a week to get all the responses back. The chain store would not give me a price till I called them and then that was list.

Thanks
    The one good thing about my local dealerhsip is it's family owned. They started nearly fifty years ago and three generations still run it. I must say they are very nice and willing to deal to some extent.

Thanks
    I called the dealership that is not chain owned and he said he had 11 on the lot! Maybe he only wants 10 and will make a good deal, thanks for all the info and ideas they will all come in handy. I think I will take the road trip tomorrow and see what he has to offer. What do y'all haul a Gator with, I have a 5 x 8 trailer but guess I will need a 6 x 10? 6 x 12?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast