Thread: Oil change 825i S4

Thanks

Oil change 825i S4

Has anyone done or found a video on how to change the oil on an 825i?
    Getting the home service kit today, and honestly have not looked for the oil filter on my unit since I bought it in August. So I was just looking for how-to video to wrap my head around it before I got home tonight. Can't seem to find one on youtube.
    Last edited by teul2; 03-25-2015 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks
    no vid that I know of but if you crawl under it you can look up and see the filter. the skid plate behind the floor boards will come off if you take the bolts out and that is how you access drain plug and filter. be sure to get a very tightfitting oil wrench because as you can find easily on this forum that SOB is stupid tight. my first oil change took over two hours because I had to completely demolish the filter to get it out. Each one since, takes less than 20min. here is the wrench I use and it works great. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I would highly recommend getting one or something similar. Good luck
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    I changed the oil on my 825i, You do need to remove the "angled" skid plate to get to the filter. If I recall the oil plug is accessed through a hole in a flat skid plate. If this is the first time to change the filter expect a challenge. Some end up having to destroy it due to being on so tight.

It was tough for me but finally got it off cleanly. I used the JD oil filter cap and need a long bar to get leverage. The key was wedging under it to hold the filter cap on the filter and also working the ratchet at the same time so need to brace the body.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Didn't get to do this yesterday, but will try tonight / this weekend.
    So the old strap wrench isn't going to cut it?
    strap_type_oil_filter_wrench.jpg