Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horn Kit

Thanks
    Ok, I finally got the Wolo Bad Boy horn all hooked up and working. I had a bit of a problem trying to determine where I was going to mount it. I ended up mounting it to the back side of the plastic cover on the front. The one that runs down both sides of the radiator. I was able to get it up some and hopefully it is better protected there from water than any other place I could find. Mounted the relay to one of the many holes in the firewall. I didn't realize how many holes are in the firewall. I got my Goop out and plugged them. Just another place for water/mud to get in the cab or splashed up behind the dash panel. Why did they leave so many holes in that area? Anyhow the horn is plenty loud. Annoyingly loud but the cows won't mind much.

Thanks
    Pics, pics, pics!
    Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny2guns4u View Post
    Pics, pics, pics!
    There isn't much to show or I would have. The horn is hidden. I put all the wiring in black wire loom like Deere did. About the only thing you can see is the big ugly horn button mounted in the middle of the lower part of the dash. As soon as I find I a better momentary switch I will get rid of the big ugly one.

Thanks
    But like I said in an earlier post. We are men... We are visual beings. A woman can read a Romance Novel and get all hot and bothered. We men need Pics to get the full effect...lol Heck, just a pic of the switch would have been sufficiant...lol
    Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny2guns4u View Post
    Can you take some pics so I can see how you mounted it. As you can see in my pic I used the shorter one that came on the horn and bent it so the horn would sit vertical to the ground.
    Sorry for the delay in this reply. Between 12 hour shifts, part time job, and spring cleaning/ yard work it don't leave me a lot of time to do the inportant stuff. Well here are the pictures you requested. Don't know if you can tell a lot from the picture but I can assure you it is a tight fit for the horn. I went back to my dealer and showed them the pictures of the horn kit with the round push button switch. While talking to the salesman he said let me see I think I have a old horn kit that someone never picked up. He found a old horn kit dated 2002 ,opened it up, and guess what, a round swith just like I needed. It worked fine I just had to drill the small square hole out to 5/8". I guess I am finished with my gator for now. It came in but none of the accessories I ordered came in. Insted of letting it set at the dealership, I went and got it, and put all the accessories on myself as they came in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorman View Post
    Sorry for the delay in this reply. Between 12 hour shifts, part time job, and spring cleaning/ yard work it don't leave me a lot of time to do the inportant stuff. Well here are the pictures you requested. Don't know if you can tell a lot from the picture but I can assure you it is a tight fit for the horn. I went back to my dealer and showed them the pictures of the horn kit with the round push button switch. While talking to the salesman he said let me see I think I have a old horn kit that someone never picked up. He found a old horn kit dated 2002 ,opened it up, and guess what, a round swith just like I needed. It worked fine I just had to drill the small square hole out to 5/8". I guess I am finished with my gator for now. It came in but none of the accessories I ordered came in. Insted of letting it set at the dealership, I went and got it, and put all the accessories on myself as they came in.
    Wow Nice machine I love all the lights, are the off road lights 6" ? They look great I just did'nt think they would fit. What part of Alabama are you in? I live just North of Bankhead National Forest in the edge of lawrence county. Great looking machine and thanks for the pics. I am patiently waiting for mine but i'm not very good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roughinmill View Post
    Wow Nice machine I love all the lights, are the off road lights 6" ? They look great I just did'nt think they would fit. What part of Alabama are you in? I live just North of Bankhead National Forest in the edge of lawrence county. Great looking machine and thanks for the pics. I am patiently waiting for mine but i'm not very good.
    They are the warn lights that were included with the outdoors package. I think they are 6". I read here that they were discontinued and were going to replaced with another type. I am dead smack in the middle of the state of Alabama in Chilton County right off I-65. Keep waiting patiently, I can assure it will be worth the wait.

Thanks
    i know most of you guys are looking at JD accessories there are a lot more choices out there for horns lighting and so on.

for lighting the technology that deere is selling is from warn they are about 15 years behind the lighting market has far surpassed what is offered there are HID and LED that draw next to nothing on the altenator and the prices have come down a ton

as for running out of pre cut holes that is not a big deal either there is really nothing behind the dash you have room for what ever you like

Thanks
    They always add a pigtail to add additional stuff later.

Thanks
    Gator_Racer, I'm looking for lights for my roll bar, two to the front and two to the rear on separate circuits. I want round in the 2-3 inch size, what do you recommend in HID and LED, thanks, John

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast