Thread: 850 d. diff problem

Thanks

850 d. diff problem

hey everyone, just wanted to say a big hello from ireland and that this forum is a credit to you all. now down to bussiness.. i have a 2010 850d and im having trouble with the 4wheel drive and front diff comming on itself. when i back up it realises but when i drive 20yrds or so it comes on... also when it is idling there is a tip tip sound which seems to be comming from the front pully that the drive belt is on, the pully closest to the cab that is... is this normal?

Thanks
    hey bud I have been having the same diff problem I have a 08 850d and its also taking the fount tires fast

Thanks
    a new front diff is costing me 1800 euros plus 23% vat.. so i striped the diff, and inside i found that the plastic cage is in pieces and the rollers and small springs are out of the cage.. so hopefully all i must do is replace this which is costing 100euros... i just cant understand how this problem has occured...

Thanks
    i too have replaced the roller cage would of loved too upgrade too the metal one through and make sure you us the right oil too

Thanks
    This cage problem is quite common in polaris atv and it uses quite same component. Now it seems that they put jd parts to polaris because it is cheaper and bit better.

Thanks
    i have replaced the cage but now the 4wd will not engage sometimes.. i cannot see whats wrong, there is 12volts going to the unit but its not engaging for some reason

Thanks
    Hillard is the manufactuer of the front differential so all parts are from this company.

https://www.hilliardcorp.com/media/18...heel-Drive.pdf

Thanks
    cheers for that.. we got it sorted i think..