Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air filter

Thanks

Air filter

Has anyone found a different air filter for the 825i like a K&n or something. Im curious if they have started to make any kind of aftermarket stuff yet?
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    I know someone on here mentioned that Fram makes one now but I do not recall the part number. What have you guys found???

Thanks
    Ok, spent a few minutes searching and found the thread. Follow this link to it.

https://johndeeregatorforum.com/forum...ghlight=filter

Thanks
    cool...good to know. I think eventually they will make some performance stuff.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Hey guys I found the correct K and N filter for our 825i's Its part number E-4552 Did a cross reference. They are the Hybrid KandN filter that require no oil. Just spray with syn filter cleaner and rinse. I just ordered one and will keep the paper for a back up.
    Last edited by 825joe; 05-14-2011 at 03:36 PM.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

Thanks
    Will the K&N filter give you any performance increase or is it just a better filter than the paper one?

Thanks
    It is still better flowing than the stock filter.. I like that it is not the cotton-gauze type filter media in their oiled performance filters. It is a synthetic materiel like the AEM dryflow filters, which I have had great luck with. I doubt it will give you much performance. But it couldn't hurt and it may even help gas mileage. My 825i is thursty. lol
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

Thanks
    825joe,
    How has that K&N done for you?
    2013 825i S4

Thanks
    I have the KN filter and I switched to running only real gas (90 octane) and I have noticed much better fuel mileage, even under load. Last winter on the stock filter and ethanol fuel I could only plow my three areas two times before I had to refuel. This winter I did the same three areas four times before refueling, HUGE difference! I don't notice that much difference in power but she does get to the speed limiter a bit quicker I would say.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    I am wondering if anyone has tried the Magnum Vortex air filter? The 1 review at Amazon says it don't fit, but when I wrote Magnum tuning here was their response:

This filter is compatible with your 2014 Gator if it is fitted with the engine like attached. I’ve checked the review that might have been posted by a customer wanted to replace the stock air filter one in one, while like description indicates this is a standalone filter requires the removal of stock air cleaner box.

You may also make sure you order the right part. Flange’s internal diameter is 1.89” – 48mm. If your stock intake measured that diameter, this vortex would definitely fit.
    Attachment 3323

I'll be purchasing the K&N as you folks suggest, even though Amazon's Garage App says it don't fit. just wondering if anyone has tried this?

Last edited by BillT; 05-07-2015 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Added photo & Amazon says it don't fit
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast