Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race Gator 825i

Thanks
    well after a full race season we have done as much as we can with the Gator in the set up it is in now we have achived a top speed of 53mph no clutch mods (cause they don't work for us) we are building a header for it right now and we will have a little dyno time on it to see if it does anything for us
    we have had some teething pains along the way and we finished out the season 8th overall in points out of 20 plus UTV's and we didn't get to race all of the races. We were able to finish atleast one race this season in a stock gator with all of the same suspension parts steering brakes as what you guys can buy from John Deere i even have the FOX shoxs you can do as the add on these gators are tough (and before i get a 100 questions on how to get to 53mph it will void your warranty )

Thanks
    so how can I void my warranty......lol
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    I was chatting with a fellow on another forum about his 825i clutch spring mods and he told me that he took the clutch springs out and shaved off the outside of the spring some to weaken the springs....he said that the result is that the clutch engages quicker and his Gator will get up to speed faster without all the RPM's and noise and such...he also said it did not take away any power or torque, and that it made his Gator sooo much more enjoyable to ride because it got up to speed alot faster without the noise of the high revving engine...the top speed was still 44 though as the clutch spring shaving does nothing to change that...he was also talking about using heavier clutch weights so that the clutch would engage faster, with the same result of it getting up to speed faster without all the effort but that he hadn't found anyone that has any weights to try yet...

He told me that he would make a video if I needed one to show how he shaved the springs down to weaken them...I am almost at the point where I think I might buy a new set of clutch springs for my Gator and send them to him to shave down so that I can install them and see what difference it does make...that way if I don't like it, I can switch back to my stock clutch springs....I am kinda surprised no-one on here has heard of that, or said anything about it...he said snowmobilers do alot of clutch spring and weight mods to get their sleds running better...they use the same kind of clutch set-up so that makes me think it just might work...I am not a snowmobiler, so I didn't know anything like that was done, but he said it was normal for the guys racing their sleds...

Of course I am like Joe and the other 100 people that would like to know how to make my 825i go faster than 44 mph...I'd be real happy with 50 or 52...then, I'm sure I'd want 75, but would have to get some better brakes!!!...hahaha!!!...no...seriously...I'm just kidding about 75 mph...I'd be afraid I'd flip it today and still be barrel-rolling the next day...50 mph would be nice especially if it could be achieved without the high engine rpm's...that's why I'd like to know more about the clutch spring shaving/weakening...getting up to speed faster at less rpm's, without the noise, along with having the same power but using less gas since it wouldn't be revving so high...the ride would have to be much more enjoyable without the engine revving so high...the reduction in sound would be enough to make it worth while to do!!!

If anyone has anything to add or to say what is wrong with this, please respond...like I said...I am just writing what another fellow did to his so I know nothing about how it actually works...

Happy New Year to everyone...may it be safe, healthy, and prosperous for you!!!

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Well I have to be honest, 44 mph is fine for anything I want to do in Gator! If I really want or need to go faster in an off road situation, one of my jeeps would be my vehicle of choice. They are not much bigger than the Gator, but a bit faster and probably a lot safer at higher speeds.

To each their own, but those of you who want to go faster and faster be careful out there.

Happy Trails

Dan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 825joe View Post
    so how can I void my warranty......lol
    lets just say the computer is not modded and they are factory parts to change out and about 12 plus hours of work

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    I was chatting with a fellow on another forum about his 825i clutch spring mods and he told me that he took the clutch springs out and shaved off the outside of the spring some to weaken the springs....he said that the result is that the clutch engages quicker and his Gator will get up to speed faster without all the RPM's and noise and such...he also said it did not take away any power or torque, and that it made his Gator sooo much more enjoyable to ride because it got up to speed alot faster without the noise of the high revving engine...the top speed was still 44 though as the clutch spring shaving does nothing to change that...he was also talking about using heavier clutch weights so that the clutch would engage faster, with the same result of it getting up to speed faster without all the effort but that he hadn't found anyone that has any weights to try yet...

He told me that he would make a video if I needed one to show how he shaved the springs down to weaken them...I am almost at the point where I think I might buy a new set of clutch springs for my Gator and send them to him to shave down so that I can install them and see what difference it does make...that way if I don't like it, I can switch back to my stock clutch springs....I am kinda surprised no-one on here has heard of that, or said anything about it...he said snowmobilers do alot of clutch spring and weight mods to get their sleds running better...they use the same kind of clutch set-up so that makes me think it just might work...I am not a snowmobiler, so I didn't know anything like that was done, but he said it was normal for the guys racing their sleds...

Of course I am like Joe and the other 100 people that would like to know how to make my 825i go faster than 44 mph...I'd be real happy with 50 or 52...then, I'm sure I'd want 75, but would have to get some better brakes!!!...hahaha!!!...no...seriously...I'm just kidding about 75 mph...I'd be afraid I'd flip it today and still be barrel-rolling the next day...50 mph would be nice especially if it could be achieved without the high engine rpm's...that's why I'd like to know more about the clutch spring shaving/weakening...getting up to speed faster at less rpm's, without the noise, along with having the same power but using less gas since it wouldn't be revving so high...the ride would have to be much more enjoyable without the engine revving so high...the reduction in sound would be enough to make it worth while to do!!!

If anyone has anything to add or to say what is wrong with this, please respond...like I said...I am just writing what another fellow did to his so I know nothing about how it actually works...

Happy New Year to everyone...may it be safe, healthy, and prosperous for you!!!

Larry in MD

i have not messed with the springs might have to try that

Thanks
    just a thought but has anyone thought about changing the clutch helix?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12