Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Gator 825i overheats!!!

Thanks
    Thanks airbournein, My dealer said I need to bring it in again to test it, this is frustrating! I wish the dealer would contact Deere to see if there are additional complaints

Thanks
    I think they may have solved my temp sender problem. I had it in the shop, they tested the temp sender and that was ok. they cleaned the terminals on it and the problem persisted. They changed the fan belt and it still acted up, finally they put a new thermostat in and the problem went away. I have run it for a few hours now and everything seems good. I don't understand how a mechanical thermostat solved an electrical problem but I don't really care as long as it is working!

Thanks
    adlepep, we are all hoping this solves the problem. One good thing about this crazy situation is this post will now be in the archinves for all to see. Someday, someone will have the same problem. They will be able to read this thread and no doubt save a bunch of time. Please keep us updated as you get a few more miles and hours on the machine.

Colder then heck here in Maine so my machine is in the heated garage, she likes that! She is all polished and ready to go. With no full cab system or heater winter can be a bugger.

Larry in ME

Thanks
    Dalepep...look at it this way...the new thermostat didn't fix your electrical problem...the thermostat was bad so it caused your machine to go into a kinda "safe mode" where it will spit and sputter enough for you to not be able run your machine and do damage to the engine any worse until you correct the problem...once the new thermostat was installed, the engine didn't have to use those electrical "warnings" anymore...I'm pretty sure I read on here somewhere that this is what those engines will do it there is a problem, like low oil pressure, high water temp's, and such...simply saying that if there wasn't a mechanical problem, there wouldn't have been an electrical problem....keep us posted as to how the fix works out...as Larry in ME said, it's a good one to have archived in case it happens to someone else down the road...

Larry in ME...last week, the wife and I had to turn the Air Conditioning on in the house because it got in the high 70's...it's sad really because when we were younger, it couldn't get too hot for us...now, we are miserable when it gets above 75 degree's!!!....I keep telling my wife that I have a buddy up in Maine who has a nice Farm for sale where we wouldn't have to worry about having to run the air conditioner 8 months out of the year!!!...hahaha!!!...she's not going for that though...just a tad bit too much winter for her...I look at it like there would be plenty of time and space to play in the snow with the Gator!!!

Oh well...this week it's been in the high 50's and low 60's so far and has been pretty cold at night...our little blast of early Summer ended pretty quick!!!....

Larry in MD

Thanks
    I apologize for leaving... Found my way back now! John Deere did get my 825i overheating problem fixed last fall. It was not actually overheating, but the bars showed that it was. The fan would kick on, but no light came one. JD said that it wasn't Actually overheating, as Green Machine said above. It was a ground issue. I just traded my 825i this week and ordered the new one with power steering! I can't wait for July 16th when it arrives! I've bookmarked this forum so I don't lose it again.

Thanks
    Ron, can you tell me exactly where that ground wire is you refer to in the Dtac?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennisdal View Post
    Ron, can you tell me exactly where that ground wire is you refer to in the Dtac?

Anybody ever get an answer on which ground lug needs to be relocated?

Thanks
    Try checking the actual engine temp with a thermometer in the radiator remove cap with engine cold run engine and compare engine temp to guage on dash , also check all grounds and ,is elec fan coming on ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by campoman View Post
    Try checking the actual engine temp with a thermometer in the radiator remove cap with engine cold run engine and compare engine temp to guage on dash , also check all grounds and ,is elec fan coming on ?

This is several years old now... doubt you'll get an answer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123