Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Accesories and Parts

Thanks
    Larry...I was considering the Kolpin 4 gallon one that is real long, and to be honest, I just couldn't justify the huge price...I have a couple of those 5 gallon steel safety cans that have the filler/spout incorporated into the handle...I am just gonna use one of those in the back of my Gator...I thought about how to hold it from moving around and I'm probably just gonna put a couple eye hooks in the front of the dump bed and use a couple small ratchet straps to keep it there...

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Kolpin unit...I'd be curious as to how someone who has one likes theirs too...it's alot of money most certainly, but looks clean and is held tight by the claming system...4 or 5 gallons is alot of fuel if you have run out of gas somewhere...then, it would be worth 3 times what you pay for it!!!...hahaha...

Go ahead and buy one and let me know how you like it...I can't imagine anyone NOT liking it after the initial purchase...extra gas that is secured well is a good thing!!!

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Larry

I know what you mean by the expense, very hard to justify and I don't believe there is any reason why they shoulc be so costly? Like you I am praying someone else has purchased one and can give us feedback before I even considered spending that much money? You buy it first! LOL

Larry in ME

Thanks
    I was just looking at the bed of my Gator and in the front bulkhead, there are 4 good sized slots/holes already there and are the perfect size for a one inch ratchet strap...each one is spaced perfectly for me to put one of my 5 gallon safety gas cans on each side up against the bulkhead and use ratchet straps to hold them tight using those slots already there...it will catch the can about 6 or 8 inches from the top of the can, so with them sitting on the floor and being held by a strap 3/4 of the way up, they will sit nice and safe without having to worry about them moving...(I also already have the rubber bed mat in my dump bed...)

I bought those red 5 qallon safety gas cans online and they were like $50 each...they don't have any external vents for gas to splash out of, and they are the kind where the handle to lift them up also opens the filler cap...they also have a mesh screen inside the spout to keep junk from getting in or out....they are pretty heavy and seem to be very well built...I've been using them this grass cutting season to put gas in my X545 JD Lawn Tractor...I am just gonna use one of those to carry in my Gator instead of spending the extra money for one of those other units...If I go somewhere that I think I might need more gas than an extra 5 gallon, then I'll just use both of them...

It kinda bothers me that the Kolpin Unit is only 4 gallons...I know a little extra gas is better than none, but to spend that much, I'd rather have it twice as thick and hold 8 gallons of gas!!!...I guess they keep it thin because of weight to both carry it in the bed, and then lift it out and to pour it in the Gator's tank...I guess that's another reason I like my cans...they are heavy with 5 gallons in them, but they are easy to handle the way the handle is situated where you lift it up and start pouring all in one motion without having to worry about spilling it before you get to the funnel or filler hole...

Sorry to be so long winded....I get to typing and forget to stop before my index fingers go numb sometimes...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Hey guys, I just put aluminum wheels on my new 855d. A guy on ebay is selling all 4 for about $250 shipped! Only fit the 12" tires, not the 14's.

Here's the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/320802702434...84.m1439.l2649.

BTW, they are new, unblemished wheels. Everything included except the the lug covers. I ordered these https://www.ebay.com/itm/320657868132...84.m1439.l2649 .

Mike in MD

Thanks
    The koplin tank I got only holds 1.5 gallons. Maybe I had the wrong part #. I not much on metal gas cans due to cans rusting and gett ing debris in fuel tank. I know there is a filter in the tank but just as soon have a plastic fuel tank. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by apple; 02-02-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Thanks
    The5 gallon fuel pack, LP30320 listed in the catalog is a mis print. It is only 1.5 gallons. It does look and fit just like the picture shows, no holes required to attach, the bracket fits in the tie down loop at the bottom and the top clamps to the top rail. It is a very clean , secure system. But, had I known it was only 1.5 gallons I probably not have bought it. Hope this helps the ones that are considering it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234