Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 John Deere Gator 625i EFI Backfireing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmia96 View Post

Question, Can you mix sea foam and stabil and gas all in one tank?

Matt
    You certainly can. They all do something different. Sort of like buying high priced Shell fuel with all the additives they put in some of their stuff.

Thanks

Keeping it under 90 is just an expression haha.

By the way is there a certin kind of stabil for gators?

and do you guys have any idea how to adjust timing myself, and where is it located?

Also, what i have noticed when i put my hand over the hole of the exaust pipe it should stall the engine but it doesnt, does that mean theres a hole somewhere?

Thank you Guys for all your help, You Guys are Great.

Matt

Thanks
    My 625i is in the shop right now with issues somewhat similar to yours. With 20 hours on the meter when started cold it will not idle. When restarted a few times it will begin to warm up and will idle but sputters and backfires. IT also blows puffs of blue exhaust. When it gets hot it seems to run OK, but the problem seemed to be getting worse. Not happy at all with this issue.

Thanks

I know what you mean. My Gator doesnt usually have idling problems but ever since it started backfireing there will be tomes when I let go of the Gas and it will idle soooo low like it wants to shut off and it stops at that point and wont go any further to the point of shutting off. I dont have the blue smoke though. When we first bought it the gears wre messed up Hi Gear was low gear, no low gear, reverse was neutral....it was all screwed up. and now im putuing it back in the shop. Gators have their fair share of problems. Maybe next time I will see what arctic cat side by sides there are.

Matt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Savaged View Post
    My 625i is in the shop right now with issues somewhat similar to yours. With 20 hours on the meter when started cold it will not idle. When restarted a few times it will begin to warm up and will idle but sputters and backfires. IT also blows puffs of blue exhaust. When it gets hot it seems to run OK, but the problem seemed to be getting worse. Not happy at all with this issue.

So is my gator it seems to get worse by day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12