Thread: high pitched whining / buzzing noise

Thanks

high pitched whining / buzzing noise

Picked up a used 2008 John Deere Gator 620i XUV 4x4.

There is a high pitched whining / buzzing noise constantly when the engine is running. Almost sounds like a weak seatbelt warning alarm....... Very annoying

Anybody have a clue on a cause or solution?

THANKS! ~Z~

Edited to add: A mechanic friend suggested that it might be the fuel pump?

Thanks
    Make sure your parking brake is completely released. I had a similar sound and thought what the heck is that. Well, when I saw the P illuminated on the dash, I figured it out. Not sure if you have that warning or not on that model.

Thanks
    Spoke to the prior owner, said it has always made the noise. He too thinks it might be the fuel pump and actually replaced it a few times when he owned it.....

Parking brake is good to go…..

Are there alternate fuel pumps for this thing? Don’t wanna listen to this noise constantly!

Thanks
    I am not all that familiar with the 620i engine. Maybe a stethoscope and listen around.

Thanks
    Have the same noise on my 620, comes from the fuel pump, seems to be the loudest on extreme hot days.

Thanks
    Had the same problem on my 2007 620i, Debris gets into the inlet side of fuel pump causing restriction which in turn causes noise. You can try and blow back carefully through pump to clear obstruction. Install small inline fuel filter before pump and that should take care of problem.The filters are the ones used on 2009 and later 620i,also on lawnmowers.

Thanks
    my old one did the same, was louder on hot days, very annoying
    Farmers buy retail ,sell wholesale pay the freight both ways.

Thanks
    We have replaced some older serial numbered machines fuel pumps. If it's screaming it's going south, IF that's what it is. Parking break alarm is also notorious for what your describing kind of too.

Thanks
    Well, I had the same problems. Engine started to hesitate, smoke and buzzing noise from the engine compartment. Replaced the fuel filter and the engine ran good again, with some buzzing. After a year or so similar problems so I put in a new filter again. The buzzing was even worse. The fuel pump works but produces high pitch noise. I took a generic $3 fuel filter and replaced the $20 JD one. I have not had a problem since. It seems to me that the JD filter has too much resistance to the fuel flow and the pump has to work too hard.

Thanks
    Having the same problem on my XUV 620i of high pitched buzz that's getting louder. Much louder and slightly different pitch than the fuel pump that runs when first turn on the key. However guess it could still be the fuel pump. Where do you get the generic fuel filter? Thanks