Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 620i Gator has trouble idling and falls on its face when I hit the gas

Thanks
    anymore ideas ? this is driving me nut. I really don't want to take it to the stealer!! :(

Thanks
    Sorry guys, this seems to have all of us scratching our heads. A couple more things I thought of, fuel injector issue, or something in the electrical system. Both will probably require taking it to the dealer. Fill us in when you get her fixed.

Thanks
    wow I think I got it fixed ! I got a message from a person on another web board and he said that they have had A few xuv's come in with this problem and the fix has bin to remove the throttle body and clean it.I removed it sprayed it down with TB cleaner and reinstalled and she is running great now! Will keep you posted with updates

Thanks
    Glad to hear you got it fixed.
    Nothing worse than a wounded gator.

Thanks
    Did you solve your fuel problem? My 620i keeps fouling out spark plugs i also did the same trouble shooting.

Thanks
    Remove the throttle body and it sprayed it down with TB cleaner and reinstall.Mine did not look dirty but it fixed that problem for me .Running fine now for 20 hours no more fouling plugs yet!!!!!!

Thanks

too much gas

my gator is flooding at an idle it will clear up when you get on it hard but it will some times go back to doing it again ia will try your fix maybe it will work for me if anyone anything else that will help let me know please

Thanks
    Yes same problem I had. Clean the throttle body Mine did not look dirty but it fixed it

Thanks
    My 2009 620i Limited doing the same. I removed the throttle body and used spray carb cleaner to clean the throttle body, and just inside the intake manifold. Sprayed cleaner into both fuel filters after removal, then blew out with air. Found engine oil slightly overfull and adjusted the level. Spark plugs were clean, tan in color. Reassembled, added BG fuel treatment and runs good as new again.

Thanks
    In my earlier post I told of cleaning the throttle body and curing my issues. About 15 hrs later the issue returned-again. The dealer has been great at getting it diagnosed. Its been back 3 times and works awhile then starts again with the same symptoms, rough idle, jerky throttle response, etc. Dealer contacted an area rep who footed the bill for a new throttle body with new sensors, stepper motor etc. NOW it runs better than ever before. Thanks to the dealer and JD for stepping up with the customer service to solve my problem. GO GREEN!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast