Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 620i Gator has trouble idling and falls on its face when I hit the gas

Thanks
    It is running on one cylinder. It is gas in the crankcase. JD will tell you it is the throttle body sensor and the throttle body. +/- $1000 to fix. JD knows about this problem but they keep selling these things. I have been going around and around w/ them for over a month about this. It is supposedly the result of letting your machine idle. My dealer tells me to just run heck out of it but I do not have the space to do that nor the time as I bought it to work not ride around to get the engine hot enough to evaporate the gas out of the crankcase!

Thanks
    I'm having the same idle issue with my 620i gator. I have changed the fuel, fuel filter, spark plugs and added some seafoam. I have also sprayed some throttle body cleaner in the intake and still no luck. Do I need to remove the throttle body completely and try cleaning it?

Thanks
    I have a 2009 limited 620i and had this same issue. I read forum and took the throttle body off and cleaned it and the injectors ran for 2 or 3 hours and now doing the same thing. Do I need to clean something else? Never had any trouble until this year...

Thanks
    Sunday, out with the chicky and about ten quads, powerlines with deep sugar sand, I start slowing down and losing power as soon as it got hot in the sand. Ran fine at very small throttle positions but if you gave it lots of throttle, it would get really loud at the air box and did not rev up.

Looked at it tonight, one connector was not locked firmly, and the plugs looked fine, disconnected the fuel line and key on....plenty of fuel gushing out (after the filter), then I even pulled the muffler and removed the spark arrestor with a saws all just incase it was blocked with mud, pulled the air filter too....

Then I checked the valve adjustment.... all valves were a little lose except for one, the front exhaust. It was a little too tight, just enough for it to leak when it got hot... I was running on one cylinder, or at least one and a half! I set the lash at .20mm/.008", buttoned her up and hit the trails for a test drive. Amazing difference. It runs like a new rig. I'm so excited for this weekend at mudmuckers!

Ya'll adjust your valves! They get tight as your engine wears, so knock 'em out.

JMac

Thanks

gator 620I ideling problems

Quote Originally Posted by 1022fan View Post
    Thanks i looked at it and its clear but i will change it. I just want it to run right again !!!!
    I changed all the filters and did not help,then the fuel pump started whining so I changed that,and it ran fine for 3 weeks qnd startedto surge slightly so i added seafoam,and it still runs fine ,hope it helps,

Thanks
    Check TPS thats what it sounds like..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gatorxuv620i View Post
    Ok, We bought our 620i new in 2008 and its ran fine since up till about 2 weeks ago. Its to where you start it and it will start and the rpm's will drop back to normal then it will like miss a fire or something and it will start to almost die and then when I hit the gas to go it will literally fall on its face for like 3 seconds and then it'll pick up and go but rougher than normal. Any ideas
    i would try cleaning the throttle body it worked for me i drive 2007 620i and deere told me to replace the throttle body very expense so i cleaned it workes for now about three months ago good luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123