Thread: 91 amt 626 Keeps Dying

Thanks

91 amt 626 Keeps Dying

I have a 1991 gator amt 626 that keeps dying after if runs for a few minutes. Its the kind of gator that has 5 wheels, one at the front. I have replaced the coil thinking that was the problem but no luck. Anybody know what could be the problem? It will run well for about twenty minutes or until it gets hot and then it dies and won't start back until it cools down.

Thanks
    Does it have no spark ? If it has spark it maybe your fuel filter or pump

Thanks

Help

This is off topic but I'm hoping you can help. I just bought a 1990 5 wheel AMT and I need to know how wide it is - rear tire to tire. I have a trailer that is 4 feet wide. I bought the Gator in an on-line auction. I have to travel about 200 miles to go and get it and was hoping it'll fit on my trailer??
    thanks, PJ:

Thanks
    Ortag, a four foot trailer will not work. If the AMT was positioned perfectly you could just get it in a five foot trailer. A six foot trailer would be easy.

Thanks

I have a john deere 620i falls on face after a few minutes of riding

after a few minutes of riding it pops, looses power and falls on its face, i have changed fuel filter thats between the motor and the fuel pump and changed spark plugs, this has not helped, is there a filter in the fuel tank.

Thanks
    Check the igniter, I never had a problem with mine dying but when it got hot and I hut it down I couldn't start it again until it cooled. I moved the igniter somewhere cooler and it helped a little and after it had run and got hot if I kept a bottle of water and a rag handy I could cool the igniter down and start it up again. Its the little silver square thing on top of the engine, it's got a screw in the front and a wire coming out the back.
    -JD AMT 626
    -JD 855
    -JD 322
    -Quadrunner 250
    -Quadrunner 280 (Project)
    -Big Red 200es
    -Skidoo Mach 1
    -Yamaha DT 175