Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Wheeling Problem

Thanks

Sloppy

Ok I have become very familiar with going down the steep hills while keeping throttle engaged and 1 foot on brake but is anyone out there experienced with the same scenario in muddy or snowy conditions. My Atv engine braking still worked great but how is loose sloppy conditions going to react to 1 foot on the brake. If anyone has any experience please let us know

Thanks
    If you want engine braking don't buy anything but the Honda. All cvt trannies are this way, as the engine goes into the idle mode, cvt pulleys relax from the drive belt, and the positive connection to the engine is lost.....thus the free wheel affect. These units will all have parking brakes which MUST be engaged when the operator leaves the unit, as they are easy to roll, without the brake, even when in gear!

Thanks
    yamaha rhino has the engine braking.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    usually should be in low gear also if you need more then brakes

Thanks
    I too found this to be a problem. Not for me, as I now just down shift to low on severe down hill slopes. But it was a blessing in disguise. I just tell my kids and friends the 825i has a known braking quirk and as such, I am reluctant to let you drive the GATOR. I then point to the 250 Honda Rancher and 450 Ranger and let them drive the HONDAs. My back loves the ride of the GATOR. Understand the drive line and you will not worry.

Thanks

I agree with the pack!

I run my 825i on extreme steep grades and you need to keep one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas. Tap the accelerator to keep the engine engaged and you have NO Problem. I enjoy having to actually "drive" the vehicle, Have a little fun and learn your Gator.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tob303 View Post
    I run my 825i on extreme steep grades and you need to keep one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas. Tap the accelerator to keep the engine engaged and you have NO Problem. I enjoy having to actually "drive" the vehicle, Have a little fun and learn your Gator.

I feel the exact same way ole buddy. I love my gator. Wouldnt trade her for no four wheeler.

Thanks
    I live in Wv and I sure can't get use to it with my 2007 hpx.I purchased a snow plow and got it all ready to clear driveway for the winter.I have one area that is very steep and at bottom turns sharply to the right.The way my gator freewheels would be a death ride in snow .I purchased my gator used and is in very nice shape.curtis heated cab.I like it alot but the freewheel really has me nervous for upcoming winter,Tim

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by puggsleys gator View Post
    If you want engine braking don't buy anything but the Honda. All cvt trannies are this way, as the engine goes into the idle mode, cvt pulleys relax from the drive belt, and the positive connection to the engine is lost.....thus the free wheel affect. These units will all have parking brakes which MUST be engaged when the operator leaves the unit, as they are easy to roll, without the brake, even when in gear!

If thats all you want is engine braking buy the honda. Its not much good for anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12