Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best price for winch ?

Thanks
    JD sells a mounting plate for the RT30, and I used it to install my XT30. I think the mounting holes are the same for the XT30 and XT40 but you should check that out. These are the part numbers and prices for the front mount, 2 brackets required and some hardware.

Qty Part No Item Unit $ Extended $
    1 AM140515 BRACKET 58.8 58.8
    1 M161332 BRACKET 25.46 25.46

2 03M7185 BOLT .48 .96
    2 03M7381 BOLT 1.16 2.32
    2 M162101 SPACER 13.19 26.78
    6 14M7396 LOCK NUT .63 3.78
    2 19M7866 SCREW .68 1.36

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
    [HTML]check amazon...superwinch terra series are priced great. I have used them for a couple years now without a problem[/HTML]

What I liked about the Warn XT40 was other then drilling some socket holes it seems to be a great fit for the Gator. Will the "superwinch fit as easily?

Of course price becomes an issue with many of us but I don't want to sacrifice quality either. Last thing I need is to be mired in mud and the winch fails.
    I was the one who originally tested the whole drilling holes at the bottom for a socket to fit through. lol It works perfect with my 4500 superwinch. Never had any issues with quality either. Great winches. They are sealed and have an outstanding warranty. just my .02
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    If you are interested in other less expensive options...

I have a 3000# champion winch that I mounted to a small drop hitch that connects to my front or rear receiver just like a trailer ball does. I used quick disconnect connectors on the front and the back of the Gator. I store it in the bed under a homemade seat so it stays dry. The hole for the ball hitch has a shackle in it so you can connect to it when using a snatch block.

I have competely buried my Gator in Florida Gumbo Clay, wedged it in DEEP ruts from 33" Quad and still drug it out. I am careful not to overheat it or the battery and I always use a snatch block when its bad. The controller is big and bulky but it fits nice to the grab bar on the passenger side which I can still operate from the drivers seat.

Winch: on sale at Tractor Supply $90
    Hitch: It was laying in my shop.. $0.00
    Quick Disconnects: Napa $30.00
    Grand Total: $120ish

Thanks
    I have a question for 825Joe. Did you have to use the brackets from JD to mount the Terra 4500 or just used the bracket that came with the winch? I seen in earlier posts that you originally purchased the JD brackets and later when you installed you said that you used the bracket with the winch. Do I need both or what? Thanx

Thanks
    If you don't absolutely need a Warn, https://www.promarkoffroad.com/ Has a good selection. I just ordered a 2000# model for $100 and a winch mount for my HPX for $50. I'm putting it on now. So far only had to drill two holes and use four additional washers to fill small gap when installed in the bumper verticals. I am doing a super neat installation job. Put jack for cabled remote on left fender. Got the winch just to raise and lower a Bercomac snow blower that is on order. Not planning on any off roading!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jennings View Post
    If you don't absolutely need a Warn, https://www.promarkoffroad.com/ Has a good selection. I just ordered a 2000# model for $100 and a winch mount for my HPX for $50. I'm putting it on now. So far only had to drill two holes and use four additional washers to fill small gap when installed in the bumper verticals. I am doing a super neat installation job. Put jack for cabled remote on left fender. Got the winch just to raise and lower a Bercomac snow blower that is on order. Not planning on any off roading!
    I did the Promark, too, after much research (installed this past weekend) - got a 3500# Promark XT for $139 on their eBay store vs $239 on their website. eBay prices are about $100 less but they only give you a 6 mo warranty vs limited lifetime when purchase on the website. I look at it this way - if it breaks after 6 months, it's only $39 to replace it (since I saved the $100 to begin with - or I can rationalize that I could buy almost 3 of these for the price of a 3000# warn). Promark now also sells the exact mounting bracket for 825i (on the website) for $50. All holes line up perfectly. But it is tight to get it all in there! It does fit but you will work at it! You can mount the contactor in with the battery and there are two pre-existing holes to mount that to in the battery box. The cables are color-coded and very easy to install. I mounted the remote outlet in the glove box. Everything fit with no drilling except for the remote outlet mounting in the glove box. So for < $200 I got a decent 3500# winch and mounting bracket that fit the Gator and will be there when I need it. JD wants $699 for the Warn 3000# with the mounting bracket and Gator-specific cables, and I know the Warn has great reputation, but I am not going to be testing mine to the limit nor become obsessed with having a unit with the optimal technical specifications. This winch is like a fire extinguisher - I am comforted by having it but realize I may never need it. But when I do, I am reasonably certain it will do the job.

Thanks
    Yes that is what I did. I did it first with my super winch and other guys have done it with the warn without problems. Check out the Winch thread bud. There are pics of mine installed.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks

Inexpensive winch for Gator

I needed a winch to raise a 72" Bercomac snow blower that I have on order for my wife's 2004 HPX Gator with a custom hard cab. Since the blower is only 700 pounds I didn't need a big winch so I looked around an found a 2000 pound model on sale for $99.00 at https://www.promarkoffroad.com/. The winch mount was an additional $49.99 and shipping for both was free. I'll try to attach pix. I mounted the corded remote control in the right front fender. Promark also has bigger winches (for more money).

winch.jpgWinch RC receptacle.jpgGator winch.jpg

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kip1456 View Post
    I have a question for 825Joe. Did you have to use the brackets from JD to mount the Terra 4500 or just used the bracket that came with the winch? I seen in earlier posts that you originally purchased the JD brackets and later when you installed you said that you used the bracket with the winch. Do I need both or what? Thanx
    I used the bracket that came with the super winch. The JD bracket is not big enough.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

Thanks
    I am notified that my Terra 4500# superwinch will be here Monday....Amazon 209.00$$. I will build my own reciever mount so it may be used on the front and the rear! Had superwinch on the kawasaki, warn on the honda didn't have any trouble out of either!!........and both were able to save my butt!........... superwinch way cheaper!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast