Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got Snow????

Thanks
    Very nice setup. A considering the same plow. What size of trailer do you have to haul with the boss plow installed.

Thanks
    I can't wait we just go out v-boss in and am waiting for it to get installed!

Thanks
    just wondering how the gator handles the big plow I have some time before winter to decide which plow to buy and thought I made my mind up with buying the boss vee but was wondering if it aint to big and heavy? any input??

Thanks
    go to the boss web site and watch a 825i gator with it on.
    I have watch them and i was thinking the same thing but i think it handles it
    2011 Camo 825i Gator
    2007 Camo Rhino 660 traded in
    2000 Gator 6x4

Thanks
    seen the videos but there all the same paved parking lots with light powered snow i live near mt. davis in pa and have a hlaf mile drive through the woods with not alot of room to plow back and while I should have a blower they are just to slow compared to a plow currently I'm plowing with old pickup with 7.5 ft western and the boss vx-t is six inches taller and a foot shorter and I know when Im pushing heavy snow how hard it works the truck but its in rough shape and Im tired of dumping money in it and since i have the gator i would like to kill two birds with one stone and get ride of my old truck but im leary what do ya think?

Thanks
    If you have a narrow driveway i would say the XT boss plow would work good since it would throw the snow plenty far.
    right now i have a f450 with a vplow and it plows great! So i think the vplow on the gator would work pretty good. But i cant say from experience
    2011 Camo 825i Gator
    2000 Gator 6x4

Thanks
    well thanks for the info I guess if i want a plow its about the only choice unless i get a atv plow but the height of those dont look good at all and I've read about the power tech plow and seems like the cylinders need some work they said they work slow when they get warm and I dont need another agravating machine to maintain

Thanks
    i would say with the gator since it weighs more it would do better than an ATV. And V-plows are the BEST for opening up roads and busting through snow drifts.
    2011 Camo 825i Gator
    2000 Gator 6x4

Thanks
    I scaled a new gator with the basic goodies installed (bars, sprayed in bed liner, bed lift ect) without a plow, came in at 1800lbs - Plenty of beef there. For the difference in price the Boss is a no brainer over the Powertach. I use a Yamaha Kodiak 4wheeler with a 48" blade and it's a beast, but no comparison to what guys are doing with these Gators, 4-wheeler is a tinker toy in comparison. I think you would be impressed what they will do in 2wd alone (with weight in bed). I would like to see some kind of front suspension upgrade or aftermarket kit or something though. We loaded a 825 gator up with glass cab and Powertach, with springs turned all the way up it was still a sagger but customer was blown away with performance. Hje lives a mile from me so I was able to keep an eye on his place last winter. We had a lot of snow, and he never had an issue. I can only imagine how much more versatile the Boss V could be. I wouldn't think twice about it.

Thanks
    hey thanks for the input sure helps to hear good things about the gator without putting doubts in my head

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12