Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Driver's side radiator hot air - very hot on feet

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Txcoastjason View Post
    I am thinking about trying to get something like a "dynomat" like product on that firewall (where possible) and was thinking about some some weatherstripping foam to fill the big gaps. All I can think of at the moment. Not a lot between the radiator and the cab looks to be the culprit.
    Check out my pictures down the page a bit in the "Muffler Silencer" post in the "Forum: XUV Tech John Deere Gator XUV 2011 - ???" section...I have pics of where I installed my DynaMat material that I got from Eastwood...it made a big difference in the noise deadening...I also put it under my floormats, so it should help with the heat that comes in those holes too...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Thx Regulator! I saw ur pics. Definitely going to do a lot of the same ie under dump box, under seats, etc. did u use any on the front side of the firewall behind the radiator and wheels but in front of the cab? If so did it help much?

Thanks
    I got the old Duct tape out and helped mine a lot today.. still gets warm but no as bad for sure..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Txcoastjason View Post
    Thx Regulator! I saw ur pics. Definitely going to do a lot of the same ie under dump box, under seats, etc. did u use any on the front side of the firewall behind the radiator and wheels but in front of the cab? If so did it help much?
    I didn't do any inside the hood area at all...yet...I plan on adding some in there when I get a bit more free time...I wanted to do this in stages so that I could see where it works and where it didn't seem to do much so that I might help someone else if they wanted to try the same stuff...If I have any left, I am gonna do that one section up under the dump bed that is just in front of the hydraulic ram where there's one big square section...the only reason to do it would be to keep the dump bed from getting too hot on my dogs feet when it gets hotter out....

Doing it in steps, or a bit at a time also gives my fingers time to heal up from cutting them on the edge's of that aluminum sheeting that is on top of that stuff...they warn you to wear gloves and be careful with that stuff, but I'm big and bad and tough and didn't need no stinkin' gloves...now my fingers got about 4 or 5 cuts on the ends that are like paper cuts, but hurt ALOT worse...I can bet my sweet ass that I will be wearing gloves the next time I cut and stick that stuff on anywhere else on my Gator!!!...it's no fun trying to stick that stuff on straight when you have tears in your eyes!!!...

I paid just under $150.00 for my stuff from Eastwood, and I am very happy with it so far...it's real easy to work with if you take your time, and it really deadens the noise of the Poly Cab and the engine a bunch...when I get the rest of it placed up under ther hood at the firewall, I will report how much it helps with the excessive heat in that area....

Larry in MD

Thanks
    the heat is so bad now that after a short drive over the farm my legs & ankles are on fire, should of kept my kubota it was a slow work horse. this thing is a damn toy that has a small gas tank, hard time starting after it gets hot, overheats when you try to pull a field drag & has no power steering. i have contacted john deere 3 times once they called & told me to take off the windshield the other 2 times they never replied & the dealer, tri green, could give a shit less.

Thanks
    Hey Cryoman,

Sorry to hear you are having such bad luck. I have open cab with just windshield and roof. Normally not too hot, but on hot days when the radiator fan kicks on, I do feel the heat. (I am "temperature insensitive" - grew up in hot humid Fla. - so I might not be the best to judge heat. ) I would think it would be a problem if it was blowing like that into a closed cab. (I haven't tried to see whether it comes thru "firewall" or just around openings in door, or what.)

I have worked my 825i hard without suffering overheat problems or hard start. Sorry your dealership is so poor. Mine is great! but I haven't had to use them for the Gator (yet). Wish I could tell you how to rectify. Best of luck!

- Steve in CO

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cryoman16 View Post
    the heat is so bad now that after a short drive over the farm my legs & ankles are on fire, should of kept my kubota it was a slow work horse. this thing is a damn toy that has a small gas tank, hard time starting after it gets hot, overheats when you try to pull a field drag & has no power steering. i have contacted john deere 3 times once they called & told me to take off the windshield the other 2 times they never replied & the dealer, tri green, could give a shit less.
    ADD some floor mats. I am in PA and put on about 10 miles with 90 degree temps. Mine was much like what you describe, prior to floor mats. I bot JD floor mats and then put my own on top of that. Great insulation. Cuts out almost half the heat. I still need to insulate the fire wall.

Kubota is a good machine. I have a Kubota engine in my T - 180 Bobcat, but I still am happy with my 825i. I was in some woods this week where I should not have been. With almost a foot of clearance I easily got out.

Be patient!
    Rich:Ysnd

P.S. Remember you have EFI on the GATOR. You must give the engine a few seconds before you try to restart, otherwise you will have problems. I did the same thing on my HONDA RANCHER and I played around for half an hour till I could restart. Listen to the fuel pump. Once it pressurizes, then go ahead and restart.
    Last edited by RMOSSSO1; 05-30-2012 at 07:18 AM. Reason: add
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    My gator did the same thing, I Duct taped all the opening up over the opening,, and every where else I thought air could get in. It helped , still gets some hot air, but not as bad..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234