Thread: Snow Blade

Thanks

Snow Blade

Just bought my 2010 825I this past spring and it's getting time for a blade install before winter. I need a winch and blade for pushing snow this winter. My dealer is trying to up sell me on a hydraulic lift kit with the blade install and I was thinking of just going with a winch to lift instead. Any thoughts out there? Are the hydraulics good in the winter if the machine is not stored in a heated shop?

Thanks
    My salesman told me that the hydro lift system was a waste of $$ so I will be using the winch lift when the snow starts flying. I have always done that with previous ATV plows and never had any issues. I guess I will find out in a few months if my salesman was full of it or not. If I had it to do over I would have not gotten the JD plow and saved up for the BOSS VXT... a guy posted pics of that on this forum and it is BFA!
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    I'm thinking of getting a plow for my new 855. Down pressure would be really nice but I don't think it will be worth the much added cost. In my application, there isn't much where I'll have to back drag. I've been looking at the moto alliance site and so far like what I've seen there. I sent an email to ask if they make winch and plow mounts for gators. I like the winch type for the fact that you get a winch and a plow for a third of the price of a hydraulic plow.