Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: manual dump

Thanks

manual dump

I didn't opt for the hydraulic dump for my 855D. I've loaded it down pretty high with limbs and small logs so far and it's been a total breeze to dump it. I haven't had any serious weight on it such as stone or dirt yet but I'm really impressed with how easy it is to lift. It seems that Deere got the balance points just right so that it doesn't take much effort to dump. On a few of the loads, it started tipping on it's own as soon as I released the latch. These were loads with the tailgate already down so they were pretty long limbs. I tilted the bed and pulled forward to dump it all out.

After I get some serious work done down the road, I may determine that I want to add the hydraulic dump but for now, I don't see it being worth $700+.

Thanks
    I'm pretty sure it is electric dump and not hydraulic but either way, I can do a lot of dumping by hand for $700.

Thanks
    I think if you are smart and balance your load instead of loading it to the front, it shouldn't be difficult to dump. I think I'll add a lot of other stuff before I add the auto dump.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hornadylnl View Post
    I think if you are smart and balance your load instead of loading it to the front, it shouldn't be difficult to dump. I think I'll add a lot of other stuff before I add the auto dump.
    I buy a real nice hunting bow for that!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
    I buy a real nice hunting bow for that!
    $700 won't buy a Bone Collector or a Z7.
    Jonny2guns4u

"I won't be wronged... I won't be insulted... I won't be layed a hand on... I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny2guns4u View Post
    $700 won't buy a Bone Collector or a Z7.
    Ah, but I am thinking the new Winchester Quicksilver 34.

Thanks
    Loaded mine front heavy, like an idiot, with gravel... almost seperated my spine dumping it. The next load was back heavy and was a breeze to dump. Will get a lot of things before I drop $700 on the dump system.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    You guys make valid points about the added cost for what seems to be a nice-to-have option. In my case, it was one of the key selling points when I was proposing the upgrade to an 821i from a basic Gator TS to the Mrs. I knew she often struggled with the manual dump on the TS, which may pivot differently than the new 825i (we have 2 horses and a bed full of you-know-what is heavy) and offered that the 825i would have the power dump, among other features. I could see excitement at that thought. Now, I know I could have added the power dump to the TS a lot cheaper than going for the 825i, but...well...you know... need I say more on that front. In all fairness, another important selling point was that I included a 72" front blade for plowing. She was intimidated by the 3720 for clearing our 360 ft driveway (when I was out of town during snowstorms). BUT, the electric dump did help seal the deal!!
    Last edited by lager1829; 09-03-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Thanks
    You people put that much stuff in your bed, I thought it was for the ice chest and drinks.

John
    Usually found down by my lake or cruising the neighborhood

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    You people put that much stuff in your bed, I thought it was for the ice chest and drinks.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast