Thread: LOUD Muffler!

Thanks

LOUD Muffler!

Hi:

I'm new to this forum as of today. We bought a 625i JD Gator a couple of months ago. It seemed louder to the ear than the 825 that we had test driven, but the salesman talked us out of that one, being that we have teenage grandchildren that would be driving it and it "had too much" power.

It is consistently running louder and louder! The decibel level from the standard muffler is so loud that I can't ride it without earplugs.

Does anyone have this same experience? is there any information regarding the High Performance Slip-on Muffler #6200 that is shown to fit this machine? The XUV is useless to me without being quieter.

Thanks
    Have you considered the JD Quiet Cab Kit. Although initially intended to quiet a cab, it relocates components to reduce the sound level at the drivers seat.

JD Description:

The quiet cab kit for Gator™ XUV and HPX Utility Vehicles reduces the noise experienced in
    vehicles equipped with a deluxe cab. This kit is comprised of the air cleaner relocation kit
    and the noise reduction kit, to provide a comprehensive solution for cab noise reduction.

Compatible with 2011 and beyond XUV 625i, XUV 825i Utility Vehicles, as well as
    HPX Gas Utility Vehicles.

Code Bundle Description
    BM23805 Quiet cab kit (gas), deluxe cab

Also: There is a Kolpin silencer # 53580? It is listed as a JD accessory.

https://www.kolpinpowersports.com/pro....html?vmcchk=1

Thanks

Loud Muffler!

I appreciate the immediate response! I shall take this information with me to the JD dealer.

I did see that JD has an alternative muffler - the #6200 high performance sli-on exhaust and want to learn more about that.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this one? Many thanks for your help.

Thanks
    If your talking about the sport muffler that is a option it is alot louder than stock exhaust. I had that on my 620i and wish i didn't get it. Went back to factory muffler on my 825i.