Thread: Introducing myself

Thanks

Introducing myself

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself!

My names Curtis, and I'm from Port Moody, British Columbia! I'm not quite the proud owner of a gator, but I'm pretty close. I'm the guy in charge of the emergency vehicles at St.John Ambulance - Tri-Cities Branch.

It's a 2000-2005? Gator, TH 6x4 Gas with a Femco MEDBED. It's only got 30 hours on it, but it sat outside a lot without being run before I joined. I've kinda made it my new personal hobby to transform this stock Gator to a perfect emergency response vehicle.

So what does it have over stock? Well, a custom paint job, and the medbed. Not much to bring it above and beyond. I have quite a bit of stuff I'm going to do to the Gator, and will have a lot of questions in the future. I'll also try and do full write-ups of each modification in-case you guys are curious.

I'll get some photos up later on. The ones I have are pretty poor cell-phone shots.

Thanks
    Welcome and good luck with your project.

Thanks
    Welcome aboard. I have seen these used as emergency vehicles before. I don't understand. They are too slow to drive to an emergency and seems it would take far too long to load/unload (trailer) in the case of an emergency. So, square me away here and tell me how you will use it as an emergency vehicle. Just curiosity on my part I guess.

Thanks
    Welcome to the number "1" Gator Forum! I think one would come in handy if you had an individual down deep into the woods where a vehicle would not make it. Could be used to help collect evidence from a crime scene that was remote, remove remains as well as transport needed individuals to and from scenes. Could also utilize the machine to transport the beer for the annual agency get together!

Thanks
    Ah Deputy, me thinks all the mods are turning the bed into a water proof cooler for the ice/beer!

Thanks
    Well, SJA provides emergency first aid at community events, and large public gatherings. The Gator has been most effective for us in the local mountains, on hydro access lines, and beach rescue. It's also surprisingly effective in crowds. The unloading/loading is all done before/after the event, not as the emergency is called in. We use it quite a bit in the city parks, especially when it snows. We normally carry a jump kit, emergency 02 kit, AED, hard-collar, sandbags, and a spine-board.

Obviously we also carry a full stock beer cooler for those "special" emergencies. =D

Thanks

Thanks
    welcome from a fellow newbie!
    Any snow up there in BC?? lol welcome!