Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Clutching on 825i

Cincinati

Sorry, what

responses very good! )

Thanks
    I too look forward to your test results. I am so tired of doing 3000 RPM and going no where. I suspect this clutch will help with fuel mileage also. Less RPM, less fuel. I don't care if it goes any faster as long as I don't loose speed.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks

Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Regulator View Post
    Well...today I went ahead and pre-ordered the clutch kit from Team Aftermarket for my 825i...they say it will ship AFTER May 14th, and I am hoping it actually will ship closer to that date ()than a month or two after the middle of May()....we'll see I guess....

Oh yeah...Thanx a bunch for the link to the parts, Joe ....I kept checking the site every now and then, but I would have never seen them listed as I was always checking under the "New and Hot Products" listing!!!....

I am pretty excited about this....I can't wait to get it installed and see whether I am over-whelmed or under-whelmed at the difference...I will be happy with getting the thing going faster with less RPM's off the start...with the new clutch weights, it should at least accomplish that easily, especially with the lighter primary spring....they say that it should give you an extra 4 or 5 mph on your top-end speed, but I'm not believing that if the top speed is governed by the speed sensor, as I read in a tech post somewhere...maybe if I disconnect the speed sensor, and put my GPS in the Gator, I will be able to tell if I can get up close to that magical 50 mph!!!....

One other thing that I am going to be upgrading at some point....when I get a few bucks saved up, I want to upgrade my tires to some 30" ones...I love my Maxxis Big Horn II's a bunch in 27", but I'd love to get another inch or two in height with the new tires, plus it should actually go faster with the larger diameter tires...the 825i has plenty of power to pull a higher diameter tire easily, I would think...I don't really want a tread that's any more agressive than the Big Horns, so I'll have to see what's available for sale in 30" tires...I might just end up buying another set of custom wheels and have both sets of tires mounted up for whatever situation I decide to get into....it looks like there is plenty of room to fit the extra height tires in the wheel wells, and the only thing I see that I might have to do is to set the shocks on one of the higher settings so that they don't bottom out when hitting the bumps and such....

Anyone have any thoughts on this???....I truely welcome any comments to the good or bad...having a few different opinions is great for me to use to determine just what I can and can't do safely, so that I don't break anything on the Gator or me!!!...I learning this stuff as I go along, as I was never an ATV rider before getting my Gator....I went from mini-bikes and motorcycles right into International Scouts and Jeeps on the Farm...they didn't even have those Honda Big Red 3 Wheelers out yet when I was coming up...hahaha!!!

I plan on doing a Tech picture post when I do the Team Aftermarket Clutch installation...I figure that the least I can do to repay, or "give back" for some of the great tech tips I've learned since being on this Forum...maybe it will help someone else who's not sure whether or not they'd want to tackle the upgreade themselves...

Larry in MD
    I just ordered a set of after market rims and some 29.5" outlaw II's for my Gator so I will let you know what has to be modified top make these things work, I am hoping they will be here next Tuesday the 15th.

Thanks
    Looks like Team posted this video on Wednesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6B5gKmI2FU

Thanks
    So it maxes out @ 44 and 5500 rpm? Now its 50mph and 6,100 rpm? What are the other performance benefits?

Thanks
    They are claiming an increase in draw bar/ towing capacity, I would think it locks up quicker and stronger than the stock primary. Should make for better throttle response and less rpm in cruising speeds.

Thanks
    And how much was it gonna be? I like the sounds of this!

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselsmith View Post
    And how much was it gonna be? I like the sounds of this!
    From TEAM Industries (on Friday, 5/11/12):

Steve, thank you for contacting us about our new Drive Clutch upgrade for the Gator 825i! I’m pleased that you enjoyed the video we just released about the kit. The kit (part # 901004) sells for $299.

- Steve from sunny CO

Thanks
    The really cool part about this clutch is that it looks like anyone can do the install...I have never been into an ATV or UTV clutch in my life and had no idea what to expect...after seeing the video of the install, I was amazed at how easy it should be...I am getting ready to order the clutch puller tool so that I have it here when the clutch kits gets to me...I don't see anything BUT advantages to this clutch if it does what Team say's it will do...not just for the extra mph, but for the more efficient use of the rpm range, along with it being more fuel effeciant, and a little less noisy getting up to speed...

The real test for me will be the first ride after I install this clutch kit...I hope I am extremely happy with the improvement...they also sell a set of adjustable clutch weights, but I want to see how good just the kit does instead of buying a set of those when I might not even need them...I am like a kid at Christmas now waiting for the Team Clutch Kit to get here!!!

Larry in MD

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast