Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Clutching on 825i

Thanks
    I also had to pull hard on my shift lever. It finally broke from metal fatigue. The push pull cable sleeve was broke under the black rubber next to the driver seat. I replaced the lever and cable. The dealer said the linkage was out of adjustment. They would try to adjust it every time I took it in. I finally gave up on the dealer fixing it and did myself. I also installed a new Team clutch. Now runs better than new. Dealer did nothing for me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I also had to pull hard on my shift lever. It finally broke from metal fatigue. The push pull cable sleeve was broke under the black rubber next to the driver seat. I replaced the lever and cable. The dealer said the linkage was out of adjustment. They would try to adjust it every time I took it in. I finally gave up on the dealer fixing it and did myself. I also installed a new Team clutch. Now runs better than new. Dealer did nothing for me.
    Hi how goodis the team clutch ? If it's good I'm am going to order one. Thanks

Thanks
    I have had the Team clutch installed for a month now. Seems better then stock clutch. Lower RPMs and a little more power.The gator is quieter.I had to call Team and get on a waiting list to get the clutch.

Thanks
    You just change the clutch and the leaver was not hard the pull or push anymore.

Thanks
    The stock clutch was making hard to shift. The lever and the push pull cable broke because of it. You need to see if the dealer will take care of it, if you still have warranty left. My dealer played dumb.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny2guns4u View Post
    This Thread really caught my eye. I would love for the Clutch to lock up earlier. I just don't know much about CVT Transmissions. How hard do you guys think thesee Springs and Weights be to install? I'm pretty Mechanically Inclined just would be very nervous about tearing into a CVT.
    had my clutches apart,, had to take one of them to auto repair shop and use a press to reassemble it

Thanks
    I've been having nothing but trouble with my 2011 transmission or clutch, I'm not sure where the problem lies but the gator more than occasionally bucks and jerks like something is not working or engaging correctly. I already had the shift lever replaced and some dealer installed upgrade and at least the shifting works but still having the "engagement?" issue. From reading the above comments is this a clutch problem that can be fixed with the Team clutch? Can someone give me the link to the clutch upgrade if that is the problem, Would appreciate getting this thing fixed as my Gator only has 250 hours on it and it sure is aggravating having it not work correctly and yes I have discussed this with the dealer on many occasions and no help. Who would do the install on the Team clutch, the dealer?

Thanks
    I know they changed some things on the newer 825's as far as clutching. Tighter belt and such. Dealers have had to replace clutches because the earlier models were having engagement issues from what im hearing.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    the more I think about it I am doubting that my problem is the clutch. It seems that the bucking and jerking is an engagement issue within the transmission, the spin up in the clutch just throws the weights out to close the beveled drum on the belt, I can understand slipping of the belt but what would cause my gator to jerk and stutter so much? Any thoughts? Hours later, I've just finished using the Gator for work in the back field and functioned ok; this is part of the problem in that the defect comes and goes with no regularity. This naturally makes it hard to pin down the issue which is why I still have this model otherwise I would trade it in on something else.
    Last edited by pcbunn; 05-29-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pcbunn View Post
    I've been having nothing but trouble with my 2011 transmission or clutch, I'm not sure where the problem lies but the gator more than occasionally bucks and jerks like something is not working or engaging correctly. I already had the shift lever replaced and some dealer installed upgrade and at least the shifting works but still having the "engagement?" issue. From reading the above comments is this a clutch problem that can be fixed with the Team clutch? Can someone give me the link to the clutch upgrade if that is the problem, Would appreciate getting this thing fixed as my Gator only has 250 hours on it and it sure is aggravating having it not work correctly and yes I have discussed this with the dealer on many occasions and no help. Who would do the install on the Team clutch, the dealer?
    Check out JD Clutch Doc on Facebook and gatorforums.net. They can fix hard shifting issues and now offer Venom Rooster Performance Shift Kits that will lower the RPMS and increase fuel mileage without hurting the top end.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789