Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clutching on 825i

Thanks

Clutching on 825i

Has anybody did any mods to there clutching on an 825i yet? It seems too me that there is alot of horsepower not being used that maybe taken up by doing some clutching changes! Let me know if anybody has messed with this!

Thanks
    I agree. I am curious as well. I think some clutch adjustments would do wonders for all that power.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    So i got a positive e-mail today reguarding clutching options for anyone intrested

We have several springs and an adjustable weight set for the 825i. The weight set is PN 930950 and retail price is $199. Any Polaris weight will work in the TEAM drive with a spacer kit.

Mark Schiffner

Aftermarket & Retail Products
    TEAMMotorsports@TEAM-ind.com
    Phone: 218-844-3283
    TEAMaftermarket.com

Thanks
    What I seem to notice is that there is a huge increase in RPM's before I really start to see any speed. I am turning almost 3500 RPM and going maybe 15 MPH. I would think a decrease in spring tension would allow the clutch to "lock up" sooner, meaning at a lower RPM. Not sure if this would increase top speed or not but at least my RPM's would be down considerably when I am just poking long at 15-20 MPH. I'm thinking this would also help fuel consumption.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
    What I seem to notice is that there is a huge increase in RPM's before I really start to see any speed. I am turning almost 3500 RPM and going maybe 15 MPH. I would think a decrease in spring tension would allow the clutch to "lock up" sooner, meaning at a lower RPM. Not sure if this would increase top speed or not but at least my RPM's would be down considerably when I am just poking long at 15-20 MPH. I'm thinking this would also help fuel consumption.
    That is exactly right Purple...less spring tension or even heavier clutch weights would have the effect of more speed at less RPM, without losing HP or Torque...a guy on the other Forum told me about grinding down his clutch springs to 2/3rds of their normal thickness and he said it made his 825i a whole lot nicer to drive...less noise, rpm's, and fuel consumption...

I really wanna try an aftermarket set of thinner springs to see what happens...adjustable clutch weights would be good too...

Larry in MD
    Last edited by Regulator; 02-07-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks
    does anyone know the different spring ratings for the different springs available?

Thanks
    talked to them today and they said their releasing a complete clutch package at the end of the month for better towing, and top end so im waiting for that

Thanks
    Would this new clutch package work on a 855D?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris View Post
    talked to them today and they said their releasing a complete clutch package at the end of the month for better towing, and top end so im waiting for that
    I have a feeling that they will sell like hotcakes when they become available...I know I will be on the list to get one for sure...that is the one thing that bothers me with my Gator...too many rpm's for the speed you get from it...a clutch that engages faster to make it get up and go quicker will be a vast improvement...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris View Post
    Talked to who? JD or some aftermarket supplier?
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast