Thread: Making a snorkel for the 825i

Thanks

Making a snorkel for the 825i

3.jpg1.jpg2.jpgToday i made a snorkel for the gator 825i while still using the stock air filter and canister. I made it out of some rubber hose and hose barbs i bought at Home Depot. i was able to run the hose between the back of the bench seat and the dump box, keeping it away from possible snags. I also mounted the air box so the intak is facing down and towards the rear, making it almost impossible for anything but air to get in it.

Thanks
    Hi Flyin Ryan! Thanks for joining and welcome!!
    I moved the thead to the correct section.

Thanks
    Thanks a great idea to water out of the air intake, but how do you keep the water out of the belt drive system on hte left side. It's at the same height as the air intake.

Thanks
    that would be tough. Its a big square opening. Its pretty high up and facing rearwards though. Just dont reverse thorough deep water fast. LOL.
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    Water still gets on there if you go a little to deep. I am not sure how water gets on the belt but I had to find out the hard way. I was crossing a water spot out riding with some friends and the belt got wet and she just sat there. Nothing I could but chill. Had to have a skid steer pull me out because the fourwheelers did not have enough weight on them. This was the Demo gator I was using. Mine has finally arrived and will be at my house tomorrow.

Thanks
    im in the process of coming up with an idea for the air intake on the belt drive intake. i think something as simple as a rubber coupling boot from any plumbing place, and a short length of tubing would work. im planning on taking mine to a 900 acre free riding park to put it to the test next weekend

Thanks
    Take someone with a video camera, I would love to see what your up to. I almost didn't buy the gator because it was so limited compared to RZR and Comander in the fun dePartment. But it's a ology to do real work won out and I bought one.

Thanks
    i had the same thoughts at first. ive been into sport fourwheelers since i started riding. i actually sold my yamaha yfz450 for a down paymeny on the gator. and although its a bit bigger and a little slower than the rhinos/rzrs/commanders, the things like the cab enclosure you can buy, the street legal lighting kit and other things like that pushed me over the edge for buying it. and i cant wait to see the look on the faces of people who laugh, that i brought a gator to the off road parks i go to, after i destroy the terrain

Thanks
    Yeah I need a concealable snorkel (no too noticeable) for my 855D gator, I have got water in the air intake and the belt shot the water out the back rectangular hole ( it is unharmed). I think running a rubber pipe from the air intake to behind the seat and just to the top of the roll cage would work cause that pipe would really be all you need the engine breaks the water level before it gets to the rectangular opening in the back. I probably wouldn't go in water any deeper than my knees anyway. I think that the air intake was the only flaw in this design though.

Thanks
    What I think would be pretty cool is to use the rollcage as the snorkel. If you will look at te opening at the bottom of it, it is hollow. I like your ideas, but too noticeable for me. What about leaving the cannister where its at, but using some tubing to somehow re-route the air opening so that it comes up behind the back seat or something.