Thread: 620i cranks and is getting fuel, but will not fire

Thanks

620i cranks and is getting fuel, but will not fire

Yesterday, I took a 2007 620i with 800 hours out for a drive, turned it off, then tried to restart a couple minutes later to no avail. It just continued to crank, and I assumed it was the fuel pump at first. I took the plugs out, and they were both drenched with gasoline, so it seems electrical instead since it's not getting a spark to either cylinder. The spark plug boots were both on tightly, there were no blown fuses, all the terminals to the coils for each cylinder were connected and not corroded, and I also checked the ground wire that bolts to the plastic flywheel cover for corrosion since I know the Gator will just crank if that's not connected. I talked to the manager at the JD dealer since the mechanic was not available and he said he believes the 620i has a "main" coil that's either under the flywheel cover or somewhere near the bottom of the engine. He said he's never had one ordered, though, so he doesn't know if that's it or not. Do you know what he's talking about or do you have any other ideas what it could be?

Thanks
    Crank Position Sensor?

A Harley will put out about one volt ac. If not, its bad but thats a Harley, I'm not sure on the Kawasaki.

The "Main coil" I'm not familiar with.... seems like the battery would fire the coils if it can spin the starter.

Ignition switch issue?

Thanks
    It does sound like your ignition coil is bad, It is located under the flywheel.

Thanks
    Update: this will all sound bad since I said it was myself that was driving when it died. I actually work for a company, and it was somebody else, but used myself since I figured it would be easier. So anyways, I guess here is the real story...

It was somebody else driving the Gator, and they went to fill it up at our gas station. She must have never filled up a Gator before, because she put diesel in the tank. Therefore, when she started it after filling up, it died very quickly and didn't restart. Therefore, that was the issue. I myself truthfully did not put diesel into a gasoline engine, if you can believe me

Thanks
    Things happen. At least it's a quick fix.

Doc

Thanks
    Better that way instead of putting gas in diesel I sold my 1980 olds diesel to a women who did that cost her alot

Thanks
    I've worked Bike Week here in Daytona for years. You should see how many people fill their Harleys up with Diesel. The best part is the complete denial when you tell them..."they must have switched pumps! the tanker filled the wrong tank! I'd NEVER do that"