Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 825i test drive experience

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trainman View Post
    REKLUSE has a clutch for motorcycles and ATV's that performs much the same way that the Gator and other UTV's perform, https://www.rekluse.com/

It is not en-gauged at idle speed, will en-gauged when the RPM increases above idle (you set the clutch when you want it to en-gauge), you are free-wheeling at idle, you have to give it gas to en-gauge it so going downhill you either have to increase the throttle or use the brakes, and you can shift the transmission when you back off the throttle, which you can't do on the Gator because it does not have a manual transmission. Takes a little getting use to, but my fellow riders really like the way it works. It's in the $500-1000 price range, just think, on the Gator it's free.
    Good point Trainman!! tx man

Keith

Thanks
    I thought they made a cover for the CVT if you wanted to enclose it, maybe I was dreaming. I was concerend with the same high RPM issue but when I did my test drive on the 825i and the 855D I found both engaged around the 1500 rpm. I would agree wth the others that 3000 rpm is way to high. Let us know what you decided on and welcome to the forum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trussman View Post
    I thought they made a cover for the CVT if you wanted to enclose it, maybe I was dreaming. I was concerend with the same high RPM issue but when I did my test drive on the 825i and the 855D I found both engaged around the 1500 rpm. I would agree wth the others that 3000 rpm is way to high. Let us know what you decided on and welcome to the forum.
    Thank-you Trussman!

Yeah, I thought the exact same thing. I was envisioning what a regular ATV has. Fully enclosed with a snorkel kinda thing (not the snorkels you see on youtube though lol)

Perhaps there is a rear part to the cover that the dealer neglected to put on for the PDI. Who knows.

Maybe this is a good question for you owners out there :). When you bend down from behind the machine and look at the CVT transmission, can you see inside the enclosure? (see belt spinnin etc)

Tx

Keith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12