Thread: transmission

Thanks

transmission

any one no of any used transmission for a 2001 6X4 gator?

Thanks
    thegatorguy.net
    He advertises reman transaxles on his web site.
    Suffolk Dave

Thanks
    Wow!!!...I just checked out the Gator Guy's website...he's in Maryland, which is my home state...he lists a bunch of parts for sale for just about any Gator out there...he says he's a one man operation and isn't affiliated with John Deere, but just likes the "Gators"...that's pretty cool to me...

He lists a few transaxles and such, so checking out his list would be worth your time if you need something...I'd also bet that he doesn't list everything, so if you are looking for something in particular, it might behoove you to e-mail him of your needs...

Thanx for posting up that link to his site...I'm gonna save that for future use...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Thanks Larry...I do like his way of doing business and his web site explanes it all... I have emailed him and asked for some price info on a few items...he posts prices for some common items on his site and seems to keep his stock on hand up to date... I like the Bench Test rigs he has made to fully test motors after a rebuild...gives a warrenty on his work and just reading his overhaul process shows he is doing it right.
    Suffolk Dave

Thanks
    Did you find a transmission yet david fletcher ??? I just repaired one of mine with a new inputshaft forward drive gear that was $160.00 and it was not very hard...you do have to take the gator all apart to get the thing out but splitting the case and finding and replaceing broken or worn parts was easy... let me know what the tranny is doing wrong and maybe I can help...and remember... if you are going in the tranny make sure you know how the brakes are doing because if you need new ones this would be a good time to do them...but the parts cost over $400.
    Suffolk Dave