Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boss snow plow installed on 825i

Thanks

Boss snow plow installed on 825i

I finihsed up the installation of the Boss snowplow ago and forgot to take photos. I moved the snowplow today and decided to snap a few for anyone interested.

I need to get a spring or something to hold up the power cables better before I start plowing this winter.

I did the install myself and everything went pretty well according to the instructions.

Thanks
    Very nice!!
    Moscow Lodge PA #504

2018 825e--- Warn 4500 ProVantage s winch, LED pod lamps, K&N Dry flow air filter, Super ATV half windshield, KFI 66" plow.

RSX 850i- Camo Trail model.--JD Half Windshield, Sport Roof. (sold)

2011 Camo 825i--- 4500lb Superwinch Terra series, K&N Hybrid dry flow filter, Warn 350F wireless fog lights, Kolpin half windshield. (Traded in.)

Thanks
    top notch there. what model did you get and what mounting hardware?

Thanks
    Now that looks awesome. Just a couple of questions, How much did it run for cost when you bought the boss set up. I was quoted around $3700 for it installed up here in Upper Michigan. How long did the install take you? I am looking at the boss plow, and a cheaper eagle 72" vplow with manual adjustment.

Thanks,
    m8man

Thanks
    Very cool ! So many toys for us to add to our gators ! Enjoy it !

Dan

Thanks
    top notch there. what model did you get and what mounting hardware?
    THe under carriage is what they call an RT3, I also bought the smart hitch which makes it a snap to take the blade on and off. As far as the model of the plow I beleive it is UTV, I chose the V-blade but from within the cab you can change it to straight, angle it, or invert V fro shoving snow. If you go to BOSS snowplow.com you will see the blades available for UTV's.

Thanks
    I was quoted around $3700 for it installed up here in Upper Michigan. How long did the install take you? I am looking at the boss plow, and a cheaper eagle 72" vplow with manual adjustment.
    It took me most of the day to install. Understand there are two parts of installation, first the plow itself and the under-carriage. This goes fast and is straight forward install, probably 2-3 hours. The second part is the wiring and control portion. This took me the most time routing the wires neatly, and mounting the plugs for easy hookup etc. I could do the next one much faster but I took my time and tried to do the best install I could. When it comes to price I would say you have a good price especially if it includes the smart hitch, I think that is a must. I also bought the rubber deflector and cast iron skid shoes.
    I looked at the eagle but chose the Boss as all the control of the blade is on one controller and I had seen them work before.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by trussman; 11-20-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks
    That set-up looks badass most certainly....I've got just the standard plow on mine with hydraulic lift and manual angle....

Is it heavy on the front end???...it looks like alot of weight hanging way out front!!!.....you might need alot of "ballast" in the dump bed!!!

How do you like the all glass cab???....I wanted the all glass, but went with the Poly Cab with real glass windshield with wiper, and sliding rear glass...mostly because of the cost, but I actually now like how quickly and easily the doors on mine come off...(takes every bit of 5 seconds per door...)

Thanx for posting those pics...Killer rig you got there!!!

Larry in MD
    Last edited by Regulator; 11-28-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: I wrote "deluxe" cab instead of "Poly" Cab by mistake

Thanks
    Your right it is heavy and so far I have not adjusted the shocks. However I think once the shocks are adjusted it should do fine. As far as the ballast is concern I would think some sand or salt bags would help with traction and leveling it out. If I need to I will get the HD shocks but plan on trying it with the current shocks. My JD dealer tells me I won't have a problem but until it snows I won't know.

The deluxe glass cab is really nice however even with the quiet accesorie option it is noiser than I thought it would be. I thought about trying a muffler silencer to see if that helps. But so far the cab has worked well and yes I can remove the doors in a couple minutes but not seconds.

Thanks
    can not wait to see that thing in ACTION!!

BOSS plows are the best!! Cant go wrong there!! I have a V-plow on my F-450 and its great!!
    Now to try and talk the wife into the Boss v-plow for the Gator!!!
    2011 Camo 825i Gator
    2007 Camo Rhino 660 traded in
    2000 Gator 6x4

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast