Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Boss snow plow installed on 825i

Thanks
    Just got a new 2014 825i, are you guys all applying the boss v plow is the best?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by willber11 View Post
    Just got a new 2014 825i, are you guys all applying the boss v plow is the best?
    I upgraded to the Boss for this season and I would say yes it is the best. It's the most expensive but it's also the best built, it's a true heavy duty plow that can take some serious abuse. The hydraulics are fast and a fully hydraulic V plow on a Gator 825i is tough to beat for snow removal.

Thanks
    My JD dealer is pushing the Sno-Way plow. It is only a straight blade, but it looks very well made. They don't even recommend the PowerTach. the Boss and Sno-Way were priced the same.
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jradue View Post
    My JD dealer is pushing the Sno-Way plow. It is only a straight blade, but it looks very well made. They don't even recommend the PowerTach. the Boss and Sno-Way were priced the same.
    It would be hard to pay as much for a straight blade as a V plow....once you get used to having the scoop position it's not easy to give up.

I wonder if the Snoway has hydraulic down pressure for the plow? It is a considerably lighter blade which would affect the scraping ability quite a bit but would also be easier on the utv which depending on which one you had could be important. It's nice to see more choices coming on the market all the time.

Thanks
    I believe there is some downward pressure. Don't get me wrong, I want the Boss plow. The Boss dealer is about 500 feet from by office, but my JD dealer sells the sno-way. I would have had the Boss for this winter if unexpected expenses didn't come up.
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456