Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie from Maryland....

Thanks

Newbie from Maryland....

Hello all....I bought a new 825i off the Dealership showroom just about 5 weeks ago...I have since had a Poly cab installed with the real glass windshield and the wiper, with the rear sliding glass too...I also installed a couple Halogen long range driving lights up on the roof...I love the cab since the weather is starting to turn cooler, especially with the doors that go on and off so easily...and I am sooo glad I got the real glass windshield after only having my Gator for about a month now...and I love that the bottom part flips up for air flow when needed...

I also bought the standard snow plow with the hydraulic lift that attaches to the front brush guard thingie....I plan on using this to plow snow (read: play in the snow) this winter...I have some work lights that I will be installing on the top of the cab for the rear lighting, plus I intend on getting the turn signal kit at some point....oh yeah...mine's the standard JD Green and Yellow....it has the electric dump bed too...brush guards and high back bucket seats too...I will be getting an aftermarket hitch mounted winch for it at some point...

I haul around my 3 Labradors in the cargo box all the time, along with my 16 month old grandson in the front with me...I affixed a childs "booster seat" to the passenger seat so he is securely strapped in, along with using the seatbelt on him too...he LOVES to ride and the faster I go, the bigger his smile is...I will post some pics of the rig and him at a later time...I just wanted to introduce myself here this time...

Of yeah...about me....I'm 53, and I am the owner of a trucking company here on the Upper Eastern Shore of Maryland that my Grandfather started in 1935...I drove myself for 30 years, but now I have 4 drivers doing all the work now....we haul alot of grain for Perdue Farms, and some, liquid fertlizer for a couple local Fertilizer Co's near me, along with some frozen veggies fro Hanover Foods...we run from NC up to the PA/NY border, mostly in MD, DE, and PA...My wife owns her own Travel Agency and has been in the Industry for about 16 years now...she's the one that goes to work everyday, as I just check in to the office when I need to do paperwork mostly....I like to play alot!!!....I also am a vintage motorcycle fanatic, and currently own 5 old Harley Davidson's, along with one 2011 model that is my "everyday" ride...I tell my wife that they are "investments"....hehehe...

I hope to be able to contribute to this forum...I belong to a couple motorcycle forums and am in good standing in those...I learned a long time ago that if I don't have anything good to say, then it's best to keep quiet...I plan on doing alot of learning here, as I am a good listener/reader...I am especially interested in some performance mods for my Gator to give it some more top end speed...I'd love to find a set of taller tires to put on it after these wear out...that would help some...I read somewhere on how to adjust the governor out to give it more speed, but I'd like to be able to do it other ways too...

Thank you for giving me the chance to contribute here...I certainly appreciate it and will respect the place as if it was someone's home...

Larry in MD (as you can see already, I get a bit long winded sometimes...I usually quit typing when my index fingers go numb...)
    Last edited by Regulator; 12-01-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: I'm a dumbass

Thanks
    Welcome aboard Larry !

Dan

Thanks

Thanks
    Larry

Welcome to our cave! Don't worry about long winded as there are a number of us that can't say anthing with out typing 5 or more paragraphs. Sounds like you have a very nice setup. Don't forget one of the Forum rules, "We must see PICTURES!

Larry from Maine

Thanks
    Pictures...I like Pics too...lets see if I can post some on here....

If that worked, I will post a bunch more...just want to see if I remember how to post pics...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    YIPPEE!!!!!!!...It worked!!!!...that's my little riding buddy on the day they delivered the 825i...he was trying to figure out how to start it for awhile...he's my Grandson who lives with the wife and I right now...his name is "Boo"...

I will post some more pics here directly...I got a Christmas present in the mail today...or actually from the UPS Guy...here's a quick pic of the goodies...

It shows exactly what it is...a new Warn XT30 winch with the synthetic rope, along with a sweet reciever mount for the unit...it's made by "Curt" and is very well built....to be honest, the reciever mount is as heavy as the winch itself...I opted to use a reciever mount because of the way my snowplow mounts on my front bumper, and I wanted the option of being able to pull from both ends easily...I will post more pics showing my Gator and you will see what I mean about the front mount for the plow...it's the standard JD plow with hydraulic lift that stays on the plow itself...

Oh, and thank you sooo much for the welcoming comments...I hope to be able to contribute to the forum in a good way...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Here's a few pics of my Gator...I got it a couple months ago now I guess and only have around 16 hours on it...the first pic is how it was when I got it...

This is how it sits now with the cab and other mods I have done to it...

That's a start anyway...I have bunches more, but you get the jist of what I am playing with...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Great Pictures !

Dan

Thanks
    I really envy your enclosed cab, very sharp and clean looking. Not really sure of the outside mirrors, knowing me, I would clean them babies off quite fast! From the pictures it really looks like "Boo" had made claim to gramps machine!!! Happy Holidays!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
    I really envy your enclosed cab, very sharp and clean looking. Not really sure of the outside mirrors, knowing me, I would clean them babies off quite fast! From the pictures it really looks like "Boo" had made claim to gramps machine!!! Happy Holidays!
    Thanx for the nice comments...those mirrors have been on there since when it was almost new...the dealer stuck them on there after they put the cab on...they suck...you can't really use the right side one at all with the doors on it, but the left side one is OK...I installed a car style rear view mirror on the windshield inside and use that almost all the time now...another reason I love the real glass windshield with wiper...those mirrors are a plastic composite material and they swivvel rear easy, so I don't think they get knocked off...they'll just get pushed around...I have to keep them sticking out because I can't shut the doors if I push them close to the cab...I could push them the other way, but for right now, they are OK...

I absolutely LOVE my enclosed cab...I thought I would have rather had the all glass cab, but after having this one, with the ease of taking off the doors, and other little things, I am glad I went with this one...I think the Deuxe Glass cab looks better and probably fits better...mine has a few places where air can get in, but that's nothing a few pieces of foam insulation won't fix easily...it gets hot in that cab, so it hasn't been a problem yet...

I might start another thread later today in the Showroom Section to post some more pics of my rig...gotta go to work now!!

Larry in MD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast