Thread: 825i POWER STEERING

Thanks

Exclamation 825i POWER STEERING

I was feeling OLD! I have had my 825i for about 10 months and have had limited useage as I went thru replacement hip surgery.

I said to myself, man I wish I could buy power steering as I can hardly turn the steering wheel.

I sat there. Thought. Kicked the tires. Said to myself. Why not try putting some air in the tires. RIGHT ON! I only had about 25 kpa pressure in the tires. Tire says no more than 250 kpa (aka 40 psi). I put in 200 kpa. SAME AS POWER STEERING! I do hope this helps some other users. John Deere is a great company, but they sure make us use our heads!
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    if it still aint enough jd has power steering available for $1000 or you can go after market for about the same.

Thanks
    I checked my front tire pressure today. The Anclas call for 10-20 psi and mine were at 10. I put 15 psi in and it did seem to make a difference.

Thanks
    The low pressure tires are hard to look at and decide if they need air. I learned after 68 years. USE a gauge. All my other ATVs and Golf Carts were also super low. I saved enough on air to pay for CELEBREX!
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    Raised the pressure too. Not as power steering, but it for sure was an improvement.

Thanks for posting, RMOSSO1.

Paul
    My ride:

XUV 825i Olive & Black with:
    Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

PS. Please dont flame me for my lousy English

Thanks
    Thanx for that tip!!!...sometimes doing something simple like that makes a big difference...I've been staring at my tires ever since I've had mine trying to decide whether or not they needed air...like me looking at them a long time would make me smart enough to know....D'oh!!!

Gonna check mine first thing in the morning and add some extra just to see how much of a difference it makes with the steering...I'm not having trouble with it, but it damn sure isn't easy steering either...I know my wife will be happy though...

Thanx again...if you think up some other tips that might help dummies like me, please post them so we can all benefit!!!....I tend to overthink things a bit, so simple fixes always works for me!!!

Larry in MD

Thanks

Talking

I learned the same thing on a FORD TRUCK forum!

That was an easy acronym to remember: KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid. After I saw that post I became a genius!

Thanks
    Well...today I checked my tires and all four were at 8 lbs. each....the front tires said the maximum pressure was 14 lbs., so I put 20 lbs. in them...the rear tires said 18 was the max, so I put 25 lbs. in them...(they are the Bighorn Maxxis tires that came on my 825i)...

So, I took it for a ride and was pleasantly surprised!!!...the steering was alot better than it used to be...not just a little, but a whole lot better...it is almost as good as power steering now...that was an excellent tip, and I really appreciate reading it on here....I hope someone else comes up with a few more easy tips like that for other things that I didn't realize needed fixin'....

Larry in MD

Thanks
    More pressure in the tires means a harder tire, steers easier, faster and will feel better on the roads and hardpack trails. It makes them more susceptible to punctures and you want to remember when you've gotten stuck to lower the pressure to get out. A very low pressure tire will grip a lot more mud and snow. Don't break a bead though.