Thread: Wanted: 620I Performance Parts

Thanks

Wanted: 620I Performance Parts

Hello. Looking for advice on performance engine parts. I have a 08' 620I that needs a engine O/H, wondering about better parts.

Is there any out?

Where can we buy them?

If not I need a replacment used or New. Any Ideas other than JD.

Thanks
    John

Thanks
    An excellent performance add on is to take the 629i down an trade it for an 825i.
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
    An excellent performance add on is to take the 629i down an trade it for an 825i.
    That was great, today was one of those mornings, I needed that laugh ! Thank you !

Dan

Thanks
    Oh God I am still laughing....!

I have already tried to trade it. NOT running makes it a total POS. So I was hoping maybe there was someone in here with advice.

With any luck the advice will get better.

John

Thanks
    You may have already done this but I will throw it out there. I know here locally we have a lot of small engine repair shops that can rebuild and slightly bore the existing block to add a little extra performance ( I had my 500 Polaris bored and built for $650 a couple years ago and have had no problems). It is often cheaper than a replacement with about the same warranty if not better. Often times they can find parts a lot easier than the general public. I guess it all depends on the extent of damage to the existing engine. As most gear heads know, increased power also requires more air and fuel on the front end and less back pressure at the back and all these performance parts are readily available and would be recommended with any type of internal modifications. As to a new engine, I believe I have seen them on average around 2K from various online dealers (Just google 620 Kawasaki and desired HP rating).

Anyway I hope this helps,

Chris

Thanks
    Chris,

The shop that builds my race engines has given me a quote. I was hoping for some more info from someone that may have already done a build. Kinda looking for what works and what dont. Polaris, Yam and honda are all popular and kinda easy to find parts.

Thanks for the google advice, I am trying the local Kawasaki shop today to see if they are helpful.

Thanks Again
    John

Thanks
    why does it need overhaul rod knock or what

Thanks
    Before I bought it...It ran for 2 years in a dusty horse pasture dragging a scrap/leveler around with no air cleaner.....

900 hrs and barley 70 psi compression when cold, and jumps to 120 when tested wet....

Rings or cyl walls are gone.

They took the air cleaner in for replacment, ordered a new one and never picked it up...Chain of command thing. Someone dropped the ball.

They were quoted 5k for a new engine and could not afford it. So I bought it.

I like it, I am a drag racer and well. More HP is always better. So why buy stock parts if you can buy more HP...!?

Thats why I am asking...Has anyone learned anything.

John

Thanks
    John,

There is really nothing you can do. These were made to work and move equipment/people around. Try to fix what you can, bore it and run it. You'll never get high HP. I have tried everything.

Thanks
    Yea, I have already started the rebuild...

Then gonna sell it. I am losing interest in it. Well we will see how good it runs when its fresh, but already looking for something smaller and faster.

Thanks for the post.
    John