Thread: Box Lift

Thanks

Box Lift

My dad is in the process of buying a gator (825). One dealer has just about everything we want but I checked another dealer and he is about $400 cheaper with the additional option of the box lift, spray on liner and the rear box protection (I guess this comes as a package). Both are good dealers (I have bought tractors, a combine and a planter from both) but one is very close to home (naturally the one with higher price and less options). The dealer says that if those are factory options they are 10% less than if dealer installed. My question is how often do those of you with lifts use them and how often as rear protection saved your tail lights?

Thanks
    I have the taillight protection and I must say that it has kept me from busting out the taillights on several occassions! Backing up between trees and stuff kicking up and hitting the back of the gator speeding down trails would have busted them both out in the short 6months I have had the gator. I would love to have the bed lift system because I use my gator to haul wood frequently and it's not always possible to load it 'back heavy' so that it dumps easy. I am in the process of trying to engineer my own power-dump system because $700 bones for the JD one is simply rediciulous! If you have the option of getting it up front for cheaper than that I would do it! I guess it all depends on what you are hauling... if you are toting gravel or wood... i would get it.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    If I am reading that the unit that is $400.00 cheaper has the box lift, bed liner and rear box protection that is a great deal. The lift kit lists for $1,187.00 & I think the bed liner is about $330.00 so you are look at over $1500.00 of additional equipment for $400.00 less.

If both dealers are good, you say you have dealt with both, I'd go with the less expensive, you might not order the bed lift, but it's there I'll bet you will use it. I was always taught it's better to have and not need that need and not have.

Either way good luck with your new Gator which every one you get !

Dan

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. We haul a lot of wood. My dad has 2 outdoor wood furnances that he has to load daily. Didn't know how hard it would be to lift it loaded (if at all possible). All of this stuff is really costly. You don't have a boss snow plow do you for yours?

Thanks
    That's correct captdan. The one with more options is cheaper.

Thanks
    Just got mine two days ago from Tri County Equipment in Burton Mi. What dealer are you deading with?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    My dad is in the process of buying a gator (825). One dealer has just about everything we want but I checked another dealer and he is about $400 cheaper with the additional option of the box lift, spray on liner and the rear box protection (I guess this comes as a package). Both are good dealers (I have bought tractors, a combine and a planter from both) but one is very close to home (naturally the one with higher price and less options). The dealer says that if those are factory options they are 10% less than if dealer installed. My question is how often do those of you with lifts use them and how often as rear protection saved your tail lights?
    I have the bed lift and it gets used alot, around the yard hauling limbs and on the farm hauling wood, rocks, cleaning up around grain bins, its really nice to push the button dump and go!!

Thanks
    Tri County in Reese

Thanks
    The rear protections has saved my lights on more then once. I now have a rear camera system that really helps out backing while in the woods. Secondly, I have used the power dump body more times then I can count. I really put on a large load of firewood while in the woods, never a problem dumping. I have hauled rock, dirt, chick poop, cow poop, firwood and even extemely large loads of apples for the deer, never failed me. If I were in your shoes, without question I would go with the lower price and more options. I would also show the closer dealer what you are getting for the money, who knows he might just match it.

Thanks
    I ordered mine with the power dump and rear protection package. It was one of my best decisions. I use it often. I've had huge loads that turn out to be no problem.