Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Converting to flat bed

Thanks

Converting to flat bed

Do any of you guys have any tips or tricks to removing the side walls of the cargo box on a 825i with the rear protection package. I have removed the hardware thats is stated in the book and can get the front portion to lift but I dont seem to have room with the rear fender guard in the way to pull the back corner out.

Thanks
    Respectfully, not to be indignant, with a HOLIDAY touch, ARE YOU FREAKING CRAZY????
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    I have no idea what that other guy was talking about being crazy but let me know how to do this also. I do not have our gator yet but it has what you have and Im sure that i will occassionally want to do that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by agb View Post
    I have no idea what that other guy was talking about being crazy...
    Due to his signature, he might have thought he wrote to his wife Sorry!

I'd like to know about the flat bed too.

Paul
    My ride:

XUV 825i Olive & Black with:
    Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

PS. Please dont flame me for my lousy English

Thanks
    you will have to remove the side protection tubes from the bumper because the rear side panels have two brackets that slide in under where the tail gate pivots
    thats the two screws below the tail gate the rear section of the panels slide out to the sides, you need a couple of hands to reinstall because of holding the tail gate and side at one time.

Bob

Thanks
    I remember seeing a few pictures on here some time back of a member that had his sides off and was using the flat bed. Somethings work better for others. You may wanna scan through the picture threads on here.

Thanks
    Perhaps it would be easier to just order a new GATOR 825i without the bed. Much like a truck, and my wife never sold/drove trucks, a CAB and Chassis is cheaper than buying with a bed! No holday cheer. Just trying to answer what I thought was a valid question. I am not sure, but MY bet is that you can order with bed deleted and then go to a decent truck shop and get a flat bed, if you desire, IMHO!!!!
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    Wow!?

Thanks
    WOW #2

Dan

Thanks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast