Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gator Collection...

Thanks

Gator Collection...

Here's a few pics of my Grandson's Gator's and my 825i Gator...

This next pic is a bit "R" rated...I'll have to get rid of it when my Grandson is old enough to read!!!

Here is my Christmas present to myself for the Gator...

I still have a bunch more stuff to add to it...I have a stereo coming to install, plus some Sheepskin Seat Covers for the high back buckets...also, some lights to mount on the back of the cab, plus a few more for the front bumper...I can't wait to play in the snow with it...I have a bunch of old Harleys that I collect, but this has been one of my favorite purchases ever!!!

Happy New Year to everyone...may it be safe, happy, and prosperous for you and your families...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Larry,

Very nice ! My Harley is jealous of the Gator, have to keep them on opposite sides of the garage!

Dan

Thanks
    Dan

I know what you are talking about, my wife is jealous of the Gator as she tries to keep us apart! Oh it's OK is she is driving it but let me take off and it's the old cold shoulder. Happy New Year to all my Forum friends.

Larry

Thanks
    Make it look like it's no fun, She won't care how much time you spend on it!

Thanks
    Super rare Pegs.
    https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/f...Edition-Perego.

I love the Skull shifter! She wired up so the eyes glow?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WOEII View Post
    Super rare Pegs.
    https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/f...Edition-Perego.

I love the Skull shifter! She wired up so the eyes glow?
    You know what???...I bought that black Peg Perego Gator at our local JD Dealer and when we went out to the warehouse to see which ones he had in stock in the boxes, they had that one and a couple green ones....I chose the black one just because I thought it looked cool and would be different...never had any thought that it was rare or anything like that...cost the same as the others too!!!

The eye's on that skull shifter don't light up...I robbed it off one of my old Panheads to stick on there until my new one got here...it just came the other day...it's a cool lucite green color with the red LED's for eyes...I'lll stick it in there when I install my GPS and Cobra CB radio next week...I'm gonna have sooo many electical gadgets running that I might have to run an extra deep cycle battery in the dump bed!!!...hahaha!!!

Happy New Year to you...

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Great looking ----all of them I thought about getting the high back seats but didn't. How do you like them?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trussman View Post
    Great looking ----all of them I thought about getting the high back seats but didn't. How do you like them?
    I like them alot, but to be honest I really don't have anything to compare to, Gator wise....I drove a tractor trailer for almost 30 years, so I am kinda used to having the high back buckets, but with air suspension....there are times when I wish I had a bench seat in there for when the wife and I take the grandson riding...I've actually been thinking about getting a bench seat for it just for that reason...Not sure I'd want to give up the buckets permanent though...

The seats that are shown in the new 550's are nice looking and I'll bet they are at least as comfortable as my high back buckets...they look like they are contoured real nice...I am getting a set of sheepskin covers for my seats here soon...I've always liked how they are warm in the winter and are cool in the summer...those black vinyl seats get right hot and sticky in the summertime!!!

As far as your video, you might have to post it on You-Tube and then just post the link to the page it's on if you can't figure out how to put it on here...I don't have a clue myself, as I have never tried to post a video before....I got a new Go-Pro Hero Video camera for Christmas, so I guess I am going to have to learn how to do it at some point....

Larry in MD

Thanks
    Regulator - Very sweet ride! I'm sure your grandson loves it as much as you do. Plus all the toys he has... lucky little guy!

I'm jealous of the sweet cab you have. Very nice. I only have a roof and recently added a windshield and wiper. Money is tapped out from the purchase of the gator and BOSS plow! ha!

I also really like the skull shifter and the high back seats. And I noticed the rear view mirror... very cool. I could use something like that for plowing. Anyting special about that mirror? Where did you get it? Does it just "stick" on? Great idea!

Thanks
    Gator Hunter....thanx for the nice comments...I really appreciate them...

As far as the rear view mirror, it's just a regular old replacement car mirror that I bought at the local NAPA Auto Store...I think it was like $12.00 or something close to that...I also bought the little kit to re-apply the mirror mount to a windshield...they sell them all the time for cars who's mirror's fall off the windshield...I've used them before and they work great...take's every bit of 2 minutes to mount the little metal piece to your windshield...then, I always let it sit overnight at least so the glue sets up good...then, hang the mirror on it and tighten the little Allen screw and you're good to go!!!

I totally understand about being tapped out from the Gator purchase...I went the opposite way that you did, meaning that since I do live in Maryland, we don't get a huge amount of snow, so I just bought the regular old 72" plow that has the hydraulic cylinder mounted on the back side of the blade...it hooks up to the Gator in about 60 seconds actually...really easy...it has hydraulic up and down, but I have to angle it manually...I decided I would rather spend the money in the Poly cab and real glass windshield with the wiper, along with the sliding rear glass window...That Boss V-Blade is the tits in my opinion and I would have loved to have had one, but to be honest, it would be overkill for me here with our 2 or 3 snowstorms a year that get enough snow to even plow...I am NOT unhappy about buying that Poly Cab and windshield though!!!...I absolutely love them...the doors come off in 5 seconds, and the bottom 8 inches of the windshield flips up for more air when it gets warm out...to me, it's the best of both worlds...sun and wind protection in the summertime, and cold and wind protection in the colder months...that windshield wiper rocks too!!!...I use it sooo much to de-bug, and to wash the dew and dust off the windshield...I carry a little spray bottle of windshield washer fluid in the cab and just open the door and give her a little "squirt" and it's all good again...

I got that little skull shift knob at Iowa80 online...actually the one pictured is off one of my old Harleys...I just got a new lucite green colored one (from Iowa80) with red LED lites in the eyes that light up...it's getting installed tomorrow...they have them in 5 or 6 colors, plus all chrome with the LED eye's...my Grandson will get a kick out of it...I also bought a small metal bladed "Trucker" fan that I am going to mount in the cab to keep fog or moisture from getting on the windshield on the inside...I haven't had any problem with it yet, but in case it happens when it gets colder out, I'll be ready for it...and to be honest, it gets really warm in those cabs without a heater in them and a fan would help with blowing a little cool air around in the cab instead of opening up the doors or flipping up the windshield...I can't imagine ever having to buy a heater for the cab as hot as it gets in there...someone else was telling the story about them going out when it was in the teens, and was windy outside, and they had a thermometer in the cab and it was right on 60 degree's inside without a heater...that's plenty warm enough for me!!!

Again, thanx for the kind words...take care my friend, and have a Happy New Year!!!

Larry in MD
    Last edited by Regulator; 01-06-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast